|Full name||Alex Surprenant|
|Date of birth||September 4, 1989|
|Place of birth||Saint-Alexandre, Quebec, Canada|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2004–2005||Lakers du Lac Saint-Louis|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of January 21, 2012|
Born in Saint-Alexandre, Quebec, Surprenant began playing soccer with Lakers du Lac Saint-Louis in the Ligue de Soccer Elite Quebec, where he was named Best Defender, and won a gold medal at the Canadian Club Championships in 2006.
Surprenant was signed by new expansion franchise Trois-Rivières Attak for the 2007 CSL season. He helped Attak to claim their first piece of silverware by claiming the Open Canada Cup, and finished as runner-up in the National Division, before losing to the Serbian White Eagles in the CSL Championship Game.
Surprenant signed with the Montreal Impact of the USL First Division in 2008. He made his debut on May 14, 2008, against the Charleston Battery, and scored his first Impact goal on September 8, 2008, against Minnesota Thunder. Surprenant also helped the Impact claim the inaugural Canadian Championship, which gained Montreal entry into the qualifying round of the CONCACAF Champions League 2008-09. In the playoffs, he helped the Impact make the semi-finals, where they were eliminated by eventual winners, the Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
- "Attak FC". 2008-05-26. Archived from the original on 2008-05-26. Retrieved 2017-05-25.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "The ATTAK SIGNS THREE PLAYERS". Archived from the original on 2008-11-18. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "Surprenant signs with the Impact". Archived from the original on 2008-11-18. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "Alex Surprenant | SoccerStats.us". soccerstats.us. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-15. Retrieved 2011-10-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)