Alexander Stewart, 6th Earl of Galloway
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alexander Stewart, 6th Earl of Galloway (c. 1694–24 September 1773) was a Scottish aristocrat.
In 1719, he married Lady Anne Keith, the youngest daughter of the 9th Earl Marischal and they had one child:
- Lady Mary Stewart (d. 1751), who married Kenneth Mackenzie, Lord Fortrose
- Lady Susanna Stewart. (d. 1805) She married Granville Leveson-Gower, 1st Marquess of Stafford.
- John Stewart, 7th Earl of Galloway (1736–1806)
- Admiral the Honourable Keith Stewart of Glasserton (1739–1795)
- James Edward (1743–1812)
- Marjorie Elizabeth Stewart d.1812
- Lady Margaret Stewart (d. 1762)
- Lady Charlotte Stewart (d. 1818) married John Murray, 4th Earl of Dunmore
- Lady Catherine Stewart (c. 1750–?)
- Lady Harriet Stewart (d. 1788) She married Archibald Hamilton, 9th Duke of Hamilton.
- "Galloway, Earl of (S, 1623)". www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk. Heraldic Media Limited. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
| Grand Master of the
Grand Lodge of Scotland
The Earl of Leven
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Galloway||Succeeded by|
|This biography of an earl in the Peerage of Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|