|New Jersey Jackals – No. 27|
|Born: March 31, 1989|
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
|April 2, 2013, for the Arizona Diamondbacks|
|MLB statistics |
(through August 9, 2015)
|Runs batted in||13|
Alfredo Marte (born March 31, 1989) is a Dominican professional baseball left fielder for the New Jersey Jackals of the Can-Am League. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
In 2011, Marte was suspended for testing positive for Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing drug. Marte represented the Diamondbacks at the 2012 All-Star Futures Game. After the 2012 season, the Diamondbacks added him to their 40-man roster.
Los Angeles Angels
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim claimed Marte on waivers from the Diamondbacks on October 7, 2014. In 2015, he spent some time up with Los Angeles but would be optioned down to the Salt Lake Bees on June 2.
On December 14, 2015, Marte signed a minor league deal with the Baltimore Orioles. He did not make the team out of spring training and was sent to AAA.
Bravos de León
New Jersey Jackals
- Associated Press (Spanish Edition) Archived 2013-02-22 at Archive.today NUEVA YORK (AP) "NUEVA YORK (AP) - El jardinero dominicano Alfredo Marte, de los Diamondbacks de Arizona, fue suspendido 50 partidos por dar positivo en una prueba antidopaje del programa de ligas menores, informó el miércoles la oficina del comisionado. "
- D-backs' Bauer, Marte to take part in Futures
- "Skaggs, Marte enjoy experience at Futures Game". Archived from the original on 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- Gonzalez, Alden (October 7, 2014). "Angels claim OFs Marte, Kieschnick from D-backs". MLB.com. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Hixson, Chuck (May 16, 2016). "Catcher J.P. Arencibia and outfielder Alfredo Marte were released by the Phillies Monday. Both were on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs roster". scout.com. Retrieved May 17, 2016.