|Country||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, Alian was organized as a rural township of Kaohsiung County. On 25 December 2010, Kaohsiung County was merged with Kaohsiung City and Alian was upgraded to a district of the city.
The district consists of Shian, Zhonglu, Fengshan, Ganghou, Gangshan, Alian, Qinglian, Helian, Jingqi, Fuan, Yuku and Nanlian Village.
- Ho Ming-tsan, football player
- "Glossary of Names for Admin Divisions" (PDF). placesearch.moi.gov.tw. Ministry of Interior of the ROC. Retrieved 12 June 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Welcome to Alian District Office". Alian-en.kcg.gov.tw. 2010-11-19. Archived from the original on 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-11-27. Retrieved 2018-11-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "光德寺全球資訊網". Chingjou.org.tw. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alien District, Kaohsiung.|