|• Mayor||Robert Rewitz|
|• Total||45.90 km2 (17.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||518 m (1,699 ft)|
|• Density||97/km2 (250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||07391, 07384|
- 1 Geography
- 2 Neighboring communities
- 3 Municipality arrangement
- 4 History
- 5 Population Development
- 6 Politics
- 7 Crest
- 8 Economics
- 9 Leisure and sports facilities
- 10 Community development
- 11 Points of interest
- 12 Notable people
- 13 References
Allmendingen is located on the Schmiech in an originally from the Danube eroded valley that separates the easter Hochsträß from the rest of the Swabian Jura. The highest point on the Lutheran mountains (Ennahofen) is 750 meters above sea level. NN.
The municipality Allmendingen consists of the locations Allmendingen (3304 inhabitants on 30 April 2009), Ennahofen (266 inhabitants), Grötzingen (296 inhabitants), Niederhofen (375 inhabitants) and Weilersteußlingen (249 inhabitants).
Earliest evidence of human habitation is the discovery of a brick kiln dating back to the Roman occupation in the district Niederhofen.
There are numbers of inhabitants after the respective area of jurisdiction. The figures are census results (¹) or official updates of the Statistical Office of Baden-Württemberg.
The council Allmendingen has after the last elections 20 members. The local elections on 25 May 2014 led to the following official results. The turnout was 58.5%. The council consists of the elected honorary councilors and the mayor as chairman. The mayor is entitled to vote in the municipal council.
- Party and seats:
- CDU – 49.7% = 10 seats
- Free voters – 50.3% = 10 seats
Blazon : In silver under a blue shield head, within three gold balls (loaves), a black, upright horse with a red tongue. The coat of arms combines elements of the coat of arms of the lords of Freyberg (balls), whose history is closely linked to the Allmendingen, and the bourgeois family Renner (horse), which also had possessions in Allmendingen.
Allmendingen is located on the Danube Valley Railway from Donaueschingen to Ulm and is a regional train stop. There are hourly rail connections to Ehingen (Donau) and Ulm. Allmendingen is incorporated in the Donau-Iller-Nahverkehrsverbund. The community is located at the national road B 492 Ehingen-Blaubeuren.
The largest employer is the automotive Burgmaier. Other industrial companies are the form manufacturers Rampf, as well as the cement plant Schwenk.
Leisure and sports facilities
Allmendingen has an outdoor pool. There is also a tennis court, a gymnastics and sports hall and the football stadium of the TSV Allmendingen.
On 1 January 1974, the previously independent municipalities Ennahofen, Grötzingen, Niederhofen and Weilersteußlingen were incorporated.
Renovation of the center
The municipality Allmendingen leads since 2000 through a restructuring of their village. Within the rehabilitation section I the old school house, built in 1885, was transformed into a community center. The following public construction phases were realized:
- Northern main road (2001/2002)
- Church Square (2003)
- Southern Main Road (2004)
- Design of the town square (2006)
Points of interest
- Parish Church of St. Mary of the Assumption of the 15th century
- Castle of the Barons von Freyberg, 16th century. Since hundreds of years, the barons of Freyberg-Eisenberg are resident in Allmendingen.
- Old castle
- New castle
- Joseph von Sontheimer (1787–1846), Royal Württembergian master doctor, translator of Arabian medicinals recipe of Avicenna
- Albrecht von Freyberg (1876–1943), marine officer, vice-admiral of the Reichsmarine
- Helmut Braig (1923–2013), painter, sculptor, author
- Ernst Geprägs (1929–2011), born in Grötzingen, farmer, vice-president of German farmer association
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- Allmendingen – Zahlen, Fakten, Haushaltsinformationen 2009
- Ulrich Brandl und Emmi Federhofer: Ton + Technik. Römische Ziegel. Theiss, Stuttgart 2010, ISBN 978-3-8062-2403-0 (Schriften des Limesmuseums Aalen. Nr. 61)
- [permanent dead link]