This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Ampthill Rugby Club|
|Union||East Midlands RFU|
|Ground(s)||Dillingham Park (Capacity: 3,000)|
|2018–19||Champions (promoted to RFU Championship|
Ampthill Rugby Club is an English rugby union team based in Ampthill, Bedfordshire. The club runs six senior teams and the full range of junior sides. As of the 2019-20 season, the first XV will play in the RFU Championship, the second tier of the English rugby union system.
In 2013–14, the team finished second but lost the promotion play-off to Darlington Mowden Park of the National League 2 North. In 2014–15, they again finished second having been transferred to National League 2 North. They beat Bishop's Stortford, the National League 2 South runner-up in the promotion play-off at Dillingham Park, 19–10.
For the 2015–16 season Ampthill have agreed a player development programme with Saracens, allowing young players contracted to Saracens to play for Ampthill. Saracens academy manager Don Barell commented: “Saracens are looking forward to having our young players at Ampthill. Ralph Adams-Hale and Billy Walker will benefit from the loan and it will allow the young players to gain the valuable rugby experience that Ampthill can offer. It is a club with good ambition and we are looking forward to seeing them compete in National 1 next season”.
- Midlands 3 East (South) champions: 2006–07
- Midlands Division 2 East champions: 2008–09
- National League 3 Midlands champions: 2012–13
- East Midlands Wells Bombardier Cup winners (6): 1996, 1997, 2003, 2009, 2012, 2013
- National League 2 (north v south) promotion play-off winners: 2014–15
- National League 1 champions: 2018–19
|Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Points for||Points against||Points diff||Try bonus||Losing bonus||Points|
|8||Darlington Mowden Park||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Green background is the promotion place. Pink background are relegation places.|
Updated: 15 May 2019
Source: "National League 1". NCA Rugby.
2016–17 Note: Flags indicate national union as has been defined under WR eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-WR nationality.
- "...reformed after WWII in 1950 the current club...""A brief History of Ampthill & District Community RUFC". Ampthill & District RUFC. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Club website home page - headlines section Archived 11 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- "National League 2 South". RFU. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "National 2 Promotion Playoff". Archived from the original on 29 April 2015.
- "Ampthill & Saracens Player Development Programme". Ampthill RUFC. Archived from the original on 11 June 2015.
- http://www.emru.co.uk/clubimages/10/documents/Previous%20winners%20of%20the%20WB%20EM%20Snr%20Cup.doc[permanent dead link]
|This English rugby union team article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|