|• Type||Panchayati raj (India)|
|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|• Total||249.63 km2 (96.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||16/km2 (41/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hooghly|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Singur|
Anandanagar is at.
As per 2011 Census of India Anandanagar had a total population of 3,915 of which 1,916 (49%) were males and 1,999 (51%) were females. Population below 6 years was 288. The total number of literates in Anandanagar was 3,117 (85.94% of the population over 6 years).
Anandanagar had a population of 3,963 in the 2001 census.
- Anandanagar A.C.Roy High School (Institution Code 17023) (Bengali medium)
- Anandanagar Ramanath High school (Index code G4-002) (Bengali medium)
English Medium Schools
- Icon English Medium School
There are six primary schools in Anandanagar:
- Anandanagar Shibtala Primary School
- Anandanagar Bratachari Primary School
- Anandanagar bramhin para Primary School
- Anandanagar Porepara Primary School
- Anandanagar Hamangini Primary School
- Khosalpure Primary School
There is a central government hospital 'Anandanagar Union Health Center & Rural Training Unit' under Singur unit. It has all necessary primary facilities, six-bed capacity (maternity ward), outdoor facilities for general patients.
Roads and transportation
The main road is 'Anandanagar Link Road' (length 2.7 km, width 5 m). It is the main artery of the village and it is connected to the SH2 via Chandannagar-Nasibpur road. Another road renovated under 'Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana' connects between kaliwada and Singur via Rajarbathan. Boinchipota, Anandanagar, Ratanpur.
There is Auto & Trecker service to Singur, Chandannagar, Kamarkundu. The nearest railway stations are Singur and Nasibpur on Howrah-Tarakeshwar section.
- Anandanagar Brahamanpara Bayam samity
- Anandanagar Ramakrishna Sangha
- Anandanagar Agragami Sangha
- Anandanagar Brotachari Sangha
- Khosalpur Danger Shangha
- Anandanagar Kachal Sangha
- Icon Fish Farm
The current Panchayat Prodhan from Anandanagar Panchayat is Amar Pore of AITC, who won the seat in Panchayat elections of 2013. Profulla Pore of AITC won this seat in 2003 and Prem Prasad Adhikari of AITC won this seat in 1998.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "CENSUS DATA District Name: HUGLI(12) Block Name: Singur(0012)". West Bengal Govt. Retrieved 26 January 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 December 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)