Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation
|Public Sector Undertaking overview|
|Type||Tourism, Package tour|
|Jurisdiction||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Headquarters||Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Parent department||Department of Tourism, Government of Andhra Pradesh|
The department offers tour packages of Heritage, Nature, Adventure, Health and Rural tourism representing rich historical and natural background of Andhra Pradesh state. The tours covering 8 centers of Andhra Pradesh. The department maintains resorts at popular tourism destinations such as Tirupatti, Horseley hills, Araku valley, Vizag and Srisailam. A wide range of vehicles including 63 hi-tech coaches, 29 Volvo coaches, 8 air-conditioned hi-tech coaches, 4 semi-sleepers, 11 mini vehicles, 1 vintage coach and 10 Qualis are being used.
APTDC is also promoting leisure tourism in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has identified a number of potential tourism developments. In 2006, it opened an office to serve the Tamil Nadu market.
Destination Andhra Pradesh
AP is 3rd highest in India in terms of number of visits by tourists to Indian states. In 2013, 152.1 million domestic tourists visited Andhra Pradesh which was about 13.3% of the total domestic tourism market. There are Scenic locations, Beaches, Reservoirs and Pristine Forest areas in the state. 100% exemption of luxury tax for all new tourism infrastructure projects that meets certain minimum requirements is provided by Authorities.
- Chakravorty, Sohini (17 November 2009). "There are more to weekends than malls". Express Buzz. Retrieved 25 November 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "APTDC to develop leisure tourism". Business Standard. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Central funding for AP Tourism projects". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Andhra Pradesh tourism corporation opens new office". The Hindu. 23 January 2006. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "Focus Sectors in Tourism".