|Member of the New York Assembly from the 7th District|
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2013
|Preceded by||Michael Fitzpatrick|
|Residence||Sayville, New York|
|Alma mater||George Washington University (B.A.)|
Hofstra University (J.D.)
Andrew R. Garbarino is the Assembly member for the 7th District of the New York Assembly. He is a Republican. The district includes portions of the towns of Brookhaven and Islip, including Fire Island, Bay Shore, Bohemia and Patchogue in Suffolk County on Long Island.
Garbarino was born and raised in Sayville, New York on Long Island, which he represents today. He graduated from Sayville High School and George Washington University in Washington, D.C. (history and classical humanities) before receiving his law degree from Hofstra University.
Following graduation from law school, Garbarino has worked at his family law firm in downtown Sayville. His family also owns numerous small businesses throughout the downtown communities from Bay Shore to Patchogue.
In 2012, Phil Boyle vacated his New York Assembly seat to run for the New York Senate. Garbarino was nominated by Republicans to replace him, and won his first term with 56%. He has been reelected three times since.
- "Editorial: Elect Andrew Garbarino in 7th Assembly District". Newsday. 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Assemblyman Andrew R. Garbarino '09". Hofstra Law News. 2014-07-31. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Sayville attorney, a veteran of political battles, likely to be new Islip GOP chairman". Newsday. 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Garbarino Wins 7th Assembly District Seat". Sayville-Bayport Patch. 2012-11-07. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Our Campaigns - Candidate - Andrew R. Garbarino". www.ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
| New York Assembly, 7th District