He was a student at St Edmund Hall, Oxford where he obtained his MA and DPhil.
- "Quantum Computing" Reports on Progress in Physics 61: 117-173. Steane, A.M. (1998)
- "A Quantum Computer Needs Only One Universe" Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 34B: 469-478, Steane, A.M. (2003)
- The Wonderful World of Relativity: A Precise Guide for the General Reader. Oxford U. Press. 2011. ISBN 9780199694617.
- Relativity Made Relatively Easy. Oxford U. Press. 2012.
'Relativity Made Relatively Easy' is a text that follows closely to the 'Symmetry and Relativity' course that he teaches to third-year undergraduates at the University of Oxford. Except for Spinors, which is intended to be included in his next publication.
- Faithful to Science: The Role of Science in Religion. Oxford U. Press. 2014.
- Bussey, Peter J. (2013). "Review: Relativity Made Relatively Easy by Andrew M. Steane". Contemporary Physics. 54 (2): 124. Bibcode:2013ConPh..54..124B. doi:10.1080/00107514.2013.800151.
- Holder, Rodney (2015). "Review: Faithful to Science: The Role of Science in Religion by Andrew Steane". J Theol Studies: flv044. doi:10.1093/jts/flv044.
|This article about a physicist of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|