|• Dáil Éireann||Donegal|
|Elevation||70 m (230 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+0 (WET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-1 (IST (WEST))|
|Area code(s)||074 95, +000 353 74 95|
|Irish Grid Reference|
|Anagaire is the only official name. The anglicised spelling Annagry has no official status.|
The Irish and official name for Annagry is Anagaire, which in turn derives from Áth na gCoire meaning "ford of the whirlpools".
There are 2,354 people living in the Anagaire ED and 55% of whom are native Irish speakers. Annagry is in the Gaeltacht region which means the official language of the area is Irish. However, the use of the language has been in decline since the 1950s. Despite this, it has an Irish language college in the summer months which runs courses for students from English-speaking areas of the country, Coláiste na Rosann.
Annagry has a long history of emigration, much like the rest of County Donegal. In the 1950s, a large number of locals left the area to work in other countries.
In the first week of June, the Annual Festival takes place. Sharkey's Bar has been run by the Sharkey family since 1888. Caisleáin Óir hotel (formerly Jack's Bar) and Duffy's are also public houses in Annagry.
- Maps, Weather, and Airports for Annagary, Ireland
- "Census 2016 Sapmap Area: Settlements Anagaire". Central Statistics Office (Ireland). Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Placenames (Ceantair Ghaeltachta) Order 2004.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-09-12. Retrieved 2015-12-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2011-03-27.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)