Lanier with the Washington Redskins in 2016
|No. 90 – Los Angeles Chargers|
|Born:||May 8, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||285 lb (129 kg)|
|High school:||Jenkins (GA)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Anthony Lanier II (born May 8, 1993) is an American football defensive end for the Los Angeles Chargers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Alabama A&M, and was signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent in 2016.
After going unselected in the 2016 NFL Draft, Lanier signed with the Washington Redskins on May 6, 2016. Standing out in training camp and the preseason, the team announced he made the 53-man roster on September 3, 2016. In his NFL debut in Week 8, Lanier recovered a fumble forced by Chris Baker on Bengals' quarterback Andy Dalton. He was placed on injured reserve on December 13, 2016.
Lanier was inactive for the first six games of 2017. In Week 11 against the New Orleans Saints, he recorded first career sack on Drew Brees. He would have a breakout performance in Week 15 against the Arizona Cardinals recording two sacks, three pass deflections, and a forced fumble. On September 3, 2018, the Redskins waived/injured Lanier. He went unclaimed in the waiver stage, and reverted to the team's injured reserve list before being waived with an injury settlement on September 8.
Los Angeles Chargers
- Jones, Mike (May 6, 2016). "Redskins sign seven more undrafted free agents". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- Tesfatsion, Master (August 2, 2016). "Redskins' defense snap counts vs. the Jets: Rookie Anthony Lanier shines". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- Czarda, Stephen (December 13, 2016). "Redskins Sign Linebacker Nick Moody, Place Anthony Lanier On Injured Reserve". Redskins.com. Archived from the original on September 3, 2017.
- "Redskins-Saints Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. November 20, 2017. Archived from the original on December 25, 2017. Retrieved December 24, 2017.
- Martin, Kimberley (December 17, 2017). "'The sky is the limit for him': Anthony Lanier delivers breakout game for Redskins". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- Kring-Schreifels, Jake (September 3, 2018). "Redskins Sign Caleb Brantley, Waive Anthony Lanier II". Redskins.com. Retrieved September 3, 2018.
- "9/8: Redskins Make Roster Move". Redskins.com. Retrieved September 8, 2018.
- Henne, Ricky (November 7, 2018). "Chargers Sign Anthony Lanier, Kyle Wilson to Practice Squad". Chargers.com.
- Henne, Ricky (December 20, 2018). "Chargers Promote Anthony Lanier, Waive Chris Landrum". Chargers.com.
- "Chargers Announce Roster Moves". Chargers.com. August 31, 2019.
- "Chargers Announce Practice Squad". Chargers.com. September 1, 2019.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|