|Studio album by|
|Released||April 1, 1998|
|Label||Sony Music Greece/Columbia|
|Anna Vissi chronology|
Antidoto (Greek: Αντιδοτο; English: Antidote) is the name of a Greek album by singer Anna Vissi released in Greece and Cyprus in 1998. The album reached 4x Platinum status and is the first album in Greek music history to sell 80,000 copies in the first week of its release. The album was also released in international packaging in France, Germany, and South Africa.
The album was recorded in London during 1997 where Nikos Karvelas lived at the time. When Vissi was performing in Athens and would head off to London on her days off to record the album. "Gazi" was the first song she presented to the public during her gigs in Haos Club in Athens in winter 1997-1998 season. The cover of Antidoto was made by a photograph from the booklet of the album Travma which was reversed and edited. Additional photos in the booklet were captured from the music video of Erotevmenaki. This album includes a duet with Paris Karagiannopoulos titled "Magava Tout" which was made a single in the summer. The CD was an enhanced CD format release which included the music video of the second single "Erotevmenaki". The album was packaged in two versions; the one on paperback, gatefold cover, the other in conventional jewel case. Both versions included the music video of the track "Erotevmenaki" as a free bonus.
It became the fastest selling album until then in Greece selling more than 80,000 copies in the first week of its release. It also stands as the first album in Greek music history to become platinum in the first week of its release.
- "Erotevmenaki" (My little love)
- "S' Eho Epithimisi" (I've missed you)
- "Methismeni Mou Kardia" (My drunken heart)
- "Gazi" (Throttle)
- "Antidoto" (Antidote)
- "Magava Tout (Thelo Esena)" (Duet with Paris Karagiannopoulos) (Magava Tout (I want you))
- "Pali Yia Sena" (Again for you)
- "O Telefteos Stathmos" (Terminal stop)
- "Gi 'Alla" (For others)
- "Mou Anikis" (You belong to me)
- "O Ponos Tis Agapis" (The pain of love)
- "Denome" (Attached)
- "Tilefonaki" (Mobile phone)
- "Na Ton Agapas" (To love him)
- "S' Eho Epithimisi"
- "Magava Tout"
- "Pali Gia Sena"
- "Mou Anikis"
- "Methismeni Mou Kardia"
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from the album's liner notes.
|Greek Albums Chart||IFPI||1||4x Platinum|
|Cypriot Albums Chart||All Records Top 20||1||4x Platinum|
- Staff. "Anna Vissi". Maple Jam Music Group. Archived from the original on April 21, 2008. Retrieved February 20, 2010.
- Inc., Nielsen Business Media,; Develegas, Cosmas (1999-05-22). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 51–. Retrieved November 28, 2010.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Antidoto (CD Liner Notes). Anna Vissi. Sony Music Entertainment. 1998.CS1 maint: others (link)
- ΑΝΝΑ ΒΙΣΣΗ - ΒΙΟΓΡΑΦΙΚΟ (in Greek). Sony Music Greece. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010. Retrieved February 21, 2010.