Apache Attic is a project of Apache Software Foundation to provide process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life. The Attic project was created in November 2008. Also the retired projects can be retained.
This is a (non-exhaustive) list of Apache Attic projects
- Avalon: Apache Avalon was a computer software framework to provide a reusable component framework for container (server) applications.
- AxKit: Apache AxKit was an XML Apache publishing framework run by the Apache foundation written in Perl.
- Beehive: Apache Beehive is a Java Application Framework designed to make the development of Java EE based applications quicker and easier.
- C++ Standard Library: A set of classes and functions, which are written in the core language (code name stdcxx).
- Click: Apache Click is a page- and component-oriented web application framework for Java EE and is built on top of the Java Servlet API.
- Crimson: Crimson is a Java XML parser which supports XML 1.0 through Java API for XML Processing (JAXP) 1.1,SAX 2.0, SAX2 Extensions version 1.0 and DOM Level 2 Core Recommendation.
- Excalibur: Apache Excalibur project produces a set of libraries for component based programming in the Java language.
- Harmony: Apache Harmony was an open source, free Java implementation.
- HiveMind: Apache HiveMind was a top level software project, for a framework written in Java. It takes the form of a services and configuration microkernel.
- iBATIS: iBATIS is a persistence framework which automates the mapping between SQL databases and objects in Java, .NET, and Ruby on Rails.
- Jakarta: The Jakarta Project created and maintained open source software for the Java platform.
- Cactus: Cactus was a simple test framework for unit testing server-side Java code (Servlets, EJBs, Tag libs, ...) from the Jakarta Project.
- ECS: ECS (Element Construction Set) was a Java API for generating elements for any of a variety of markup languages like HTML 4.0 and XML.
- ORO: ORO was a set of text-processing Java classes that provide Perl5 compatible regular expressions, AWK-like regular expressions, glob expressions, and utility classes for performing substitutions, splits, filtering filenames, etc.
- Regexp: Regexp was a pure Java Regular Expression package.
- Slide: Slide is an open-source content management system from the Jakarta project. It is written in Java and implements the WebDAV protocol.
- Taglibs:Taglibs was a large collection of JSP Tag Libraries.
- Ojb:Apache ObJectRelationalBridge (OJB) is an Object/Relational mapping tool that allows transparent persistence for Java Objects against relational databases.
- Quetzalcoatl:Quetzalcoatl was a project charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to mod_python and the Python programming language.
- Shale:Shale is a web application framework which fundamentally based on JavaServer Faces.
- Shindig:Shindig is an OpenSocial container. It provides the code to render gadgets, proxy requests, and handle REST and RPC requests.
- Stratos: Stratos was a highly-extensible Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) framework that helped run Apache Tomcat, PHP, and MySQL applications, and could be extended to support many more environments on all major cloud infrastructures.
- Xang:Apache Xang was an XML Web Framework that aggregated multiple data sources, made that data URL addressable and defined custom methods to access that data.
- Xindice: Apache Xindice was a native XML database.
- Wink: Apache Wink is an open source framework that enables development and consumption of REST style web services.
- "Processes required to move a project into Attic - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache Avalon - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache AxKit - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache Beehive - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache Attic - Apache Attic". Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Apache Crimson - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache Excalibur - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache Harmony - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache HiveMind - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache iBATIS - Apache Attic". Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Apache Stratos - Apache Attic". Retrieved 13 February 2017.