Ashley Estes Kavanaugh
Ashley Estes Kavanaugh
|Town Manager of Chevy Chase Section Five, Maryland|
|Assumed office |
|Personal Secretary to the President|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Betty Currie|
|Succeeded by||Karen E. Keller|
Ashley Jean Estes
November 4, 1974
Abilene, Texas, U.S.
Brett Kavanaugh (m. 2004)
|Education||University of Texas at Austin (BA)|
Estes Kavanaugh served as an assistant to George W. Bush from 1996 through 1999, during his tenure as Governor of Texas and his presidential campaign in 2000. When Bush became President in January 2001, Estes Kavanaugh took the position of Personal Secretary to the President; she served in that position through 2004.
Estes Kavanaugh was Director of Special Projects at the George W. Bush Presidential Foundation from 2005 to 2009, and then Media Relations Coordinator at the George W. Bush Presidential Center from 2009 to 2010.
Education and personal life
Estes Kavanaugh was born in Abilene, Texas. Little has been reported about her parents. She graduated from Abilene Cooper High School in 1993, where she was a member of the Student Council for three years and played golf for three years. She attended the University of Texas at Austin, beginning in 1993, and graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor of Journalism degree.
- McClellan, Scott (2008). What happened: inside the Bush White House and Washington's culture of deception. United States: PublicAffairs. pp. 234–236. ISBN 978-1-58648-556-6.
- Jaklewicz, Greg; Chipp, Timothy (July 13, 2018). "Abilenians fondly regard Ashley Estes, wife of Trump Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh". Abilene Reporter-News. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- Schwartzman, Paul; Boorstein, Michelle (July 11, 2018). "The elite world of Brett Kavanaugh". Washington Post. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- Frey, David (March 17, 2016). "Bethesda Magazine's 30 Great Neighborhoods to Live In". Bethesda Magazine. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- Resendiz, Eric (July 12, 2018). "Who is Ashley Estes Kavanaugh?". KXVA. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Hall, Azure (September 2018). "Who Are Ashley Estes Kavanaugh's Parents? Not Much Is Known About Her Family". Romper. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- "Our attention on Supreme Court nominee's wife, an Abilene girl". Abilene Reporter-News. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Who Is Brett Kavanaugh's Wife? New Details On Ashley Estes Kavanaugh". YourTango. 2018-07-10. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Degrees and Dates of Attendance". University of Texas at Austin. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Glover, Mary Clare (February 19, 2008). "Weddings of the Rich & Famous". Washingtonian. Washingtonian. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashley Estes Kavanaugh.|