Audi PB18 e-tron
|Audi PB18 e-tron|
PB18 e-tron at the 2018 Paris Motor Show
|Manufacturer||Audi AG, Audi Sport GmbH|
|Also called||Audi PB18|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door hatchback|
|Electric motor||3 electric motors producing a combined 661 bhp (493 kW; 670 PS)|
|Electric range||361 mi (581 km)|
|Kerb weight||1,550 kg (3,417 lb)|
The Audi PB18 e-tron is a 2-door hatchback electric supercar concept developed by a division of the German automaker Audi AG, Audi Sport GmbH and introduced in 2018. The name "PB18" refers to the 2018 Pebble Beach Automotive Week in Monterey, California, where the PB18 e-tron debuted. In January 2019, Audi confirmed that 50 examples will make their way to production within the next two years.
The PB18 e-tron is powered by 3 electric motors, 1 on the front axle and 2 on the rear axle, sending power to all 4 wheels. It produces a combined 661 bhp (493 kW; 670 PS) and 612 lb⋅ft (830 N⋅m) of torque, with the capability to "overboost" to 753 bhp (562 kW; 763 PS) for short periods. It uses a low-mid mounted 95kWh solid-state battery with an 800-volt charging capacity that Audi claims has a range of 361 mi (581 km) and can charge to full capacity in 15 minutes. It supports conventional charging as well as Audi Wireless Charging (AWC) using a charging pad which can attach to the floor of a garage. Audi also claims a 0-62 mph (100 km/h) acceleration time of around 2 seconds. It also features an unconventional interior that allows the driver convert between a single-seater, central driving position and a conventional two-seater configuration with the driver on the left and a single fold down passenger seat on the right. This is made possible because the PB18 uses a drive by wire system, in which the main driving functions are controlled by the onboard computers. The PB18 provides 16.6 cubic feet of storage from its hatchback bodystyle. It also features 22 inch wheels, carbon disc brakes and adaptive magnetic ride shock absorbers.
- "The Audi PB18 e-tron has 753 electric horsepower". Top Gear. 2018-08-24. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- "Audi's PB18 E-tron concept can convert into a single-seater racecar". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- Audi. "Audi P18 E-Tron Supercar Confirmed For Limited Production". Motor1.com. Retrieved 2019-03-11.
- "Audi PB 18 e-tron goes from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- "Audi's PB 18 E-Tron is a supercar spaceship". Engadget. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- "2018 Audi PB18 E-tron Concept @ Top Speed". Top Speed. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Audi PB 18 e-tron.|
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|