August 2015 Egypt bombings
|August 2015 Egypt bombings|
|Location||Cairo and Giza, Egypt |
|Date||20 August 2015 |
early morning 
In Cairo, reports suggest that some of the blasts occurred near a courthouse and a state security building. The building was partially destroyed and 20 nearby homes were damaged. Responsibility for the attack was claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) send out a bombing on August 2015 they found 29 people injured, not only were their citizens of Cairo injured but also six officers were wounded by the bombing, ISIS did take recognition for what they did.
- "AJE News on Twitter". Al Jazeera English Online via Twitter. 20 August 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Blasts near government offices rock Egypt's Cairo". Al Jazeera English Online. 20 August 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- Mohamed Hassan, Ahmed (20 August 2015). "Islamic State claims Cairo courthouse bombing which wounded 30". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Cunningham, Erin (2015-08-20). "Islamic State claims responsibility for massive car bombing in Cairo". Washington Post. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Large car bomb explosion heard in downtown Cairo: security sources". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Egypt's grim summer: Islamic State affiliate claims latest bombing". Los Angeles Times. 20 August 2015.
|This Egyptian history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|