Austria–United Kingdom relations
Relations between the Austrian Empire and England were established in the Middle Ages, formal relations began in 1799. The two nations were enemies during the First World War and the Second World War. The United Kingdom and Austria now have warm relations. Both countries are full members of the European Union.
According to the 2001 UK Census, some 20,000 Austrian born people were living in the UK, which is actually a drop of around 5% from 1991, despite this there are also large but unknown numbers of British born people of Austrian descent.
- Foreign relations of Austria
- Foreign relations of the United Kingdom
- Austrians in the United Kingdom
- "BBC Born Abroad, Austria". BBC News. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "The Ambassador". Austrian Foreign Ministry. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Change of Her Majesty's Ambassador to Austria and UK Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Vienna". Foreign & Commonwealth Office. 17 December 2015.
- "Austrian Representations". Austrian Foreign Ministry. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "UK and Austria". Gov.uk. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
|This Austria-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|