|• Mayor||Markus Wendel|
|• Total||25.1 km2 (9.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||391 - 650 m (−1,742 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The town is internationally famous for a large unique Kabbalistic triptych painting - designed and commissioned by Princess Antonia of Wurttemberg and her academic teachers in 1652 - hanging in the small town church.
The town is also famous for being a health resort with mineral springs for centuries. It once was the summer residency of the Duke of Wurttemberg.
- Ruins of Zavelstein Castle with viewing tower
- Eugen English (1869-1905), photochemist and professor of photography at the Technical University of Stuttgart
- Jacob Mast (1904-1994), born in Sommenhardt, farmer, politician (CDU), Member of Landtag
- Friedrich Christoph Steinhofer (1706-1761), in the years 1753-1756 pastor in Zavelstein
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
|This Calw district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|