Balgreen Halt railway station
Balgreen Halt in 1962
|Area||City of Edinburgh|
|Original company||London and North Eastern Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|29 January 1934||Station opened|
|1 January 1968||Station closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
In 2014 the Edinburgh Tram system opened a tram stop named "Balgreen" adjacent to the site of the station.
The station was opened by the London and North Eastern Railway in 1934. The line passed on to the Scottish Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, to be then closed by the British Railways Board.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
|Haymarket||London and North Eastern Railway
The site today
The stationmaster's house remains standing, in the site which has been landscaped as part of a garden. 
- Butt (1995)
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- *RAILSCOT on Corstorphine Branch
- Balgreen Halt on navigable O. S. map Station marked at Saughton Hall
- Picture of the station
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|