Bangladesh–Belarus relations refers to the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Belarus. The Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic recognized Bangladesh's independence on 24 January 1972 and official diplomatic relations were established in 1992. Neither country has a resident ambassador.
High level visits
Relations witnessed a significant boost when Mikhail Myasnikovich became the first Belarus Prime Minister to pay an official visit to Bangladesh in November 2012. Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina visited the Republic of Belarus on July 8, 2013.
The Belarusian government will provide $15 million to Bangladesh as long-term assistance for the development of country's readymade garment (RMG) sector.
The first agreement on trade and economic cooperation between the two countries was signed in 2007 aimed at expanding bilateral trade. A more comprehensive agreement was reached in May 2012 when a Bangladesh delegation led by former foreign minister Dipu Moni paid a visit to Minsk. Titled "Intergovernmental agreement on trade and economic cooperation", the agreement proved to be effective when the amount of bilateral trade grew rapidly in 2013.
Military cooperation between the two countries dates back to 2005. It received major reinforcements through an agreement on transfer of crucial defense technologies which was signed by the two countries during Mikhail Myasnikovich's official visit to Dhaka in 2012. The areas of cooperation in this field include "production and modernization of military equipment and control, communication and electromagnetic warfare systems.." In 2013, a joint commission was also formed in this regard.
- "PM hopes for newer relations with Belarus". Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha. 12 November 2012. Archived from the original on 4 January 2014.
- "China Daily Website - Connecting China Connecting the World". Chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Visit of the Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina to the Republic of Belarus July 8-10, 2013". Mfa.gov.by. July 8, 2013. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- "Dhaka, Minsk ink 7 deals". The Daily Star. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Новости". Government.by. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Bangladesh, Belarus sign 12 deals, MoUs". Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
- "Belarus to provide $15m in RMG sector". Dhaka Tribune. September 25, 2014. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- "Bangladesh, Belarus sign agreement on economic cooperation". People's Daily. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2014-01-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Belarus-Bangladesh Sign Agreement on Trade and Economic Cooperation". Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Belarus' lower house ratifies military cooperation agreement with Bangladesh". Archived from the original on 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2014-01-03.