Bangladesh–Egypt relations refer to the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Egypt. Bangladesh and Egypt enjoy friendly relations. Egypt has a resident ambassador, Mahmoud Ezzat, in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Bangladesh maintains a resident ambassador in Egypt.
The two regions were first said to have diplomatic relations around the 15th century. According to historical records, Sultan Ashraf Saifuddin Barsbay of the Mamluk Sultanate is said to have gifted a robe of honour as well as a letter of recognition to Sultan Jalaluddin Muhammad Shah of the Bengal Sultanate.
Bangladesh sent medical teams and supplies to Egypt for the Yom Kippur War. In 1974 Egypt led by President Anwar Sadat donated 44 tanks to Bangladesh which was led by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. These were the first tanks received by the Bangladesh Army after Bangladesh became an independent country in 1971. These same tanks were used in the Assassination of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Bangladesh and Egypt are both members of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and the Islamic Military Coalition.
Both Egypt and Bangladesh are members of the Developing-8. Bangladesh imports cotton from Egypt for its Ready-made garment industry. In 2005 Egyptian telecommunication company Orascom acquired Sheba Telecom the holding company of cellular company Banglalink. In 2013 there were 15 thousand Bangladeshis in Egypt according to the Bangladeshi embassy in Egypt.
- "Egypt-Bangladesh relations: Exploring trade opportunities". theindependentbd.com. The Independent. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Egypt envoy assures good relations". The Daily Star. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Egypt urged to import Bangladeshi goods". The Daily Star. 19 September 2007. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Imtiaz, Sorcar made ambassadors to Germany, Egypt". The Daily Star. 27 September 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Richard Maxwell Eaton (1993). The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204-1760. University of California Press. p. 57. ISBN 978-0-520-08077-5.
- Avery, Martin (2010). Love in the Time of Terrorism: The Mother of All Female Suicide Bombers and the Holocaust Survivors' Daughter. Lulu.com. ISBN 9780557541560. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Global political Islam in Bangladesh: past, present and future". Mubashar Hasan. openDemocracy. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Army to get 44 tanks". The Daily Star. 27 June 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Gupta, Jyoti Sen (1981). Bangladesh, in Blood and Tears. Naya Prokash. p. 62. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Bangladesh in 34-state Islamic military alliance". The Daily Star. Reuters. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "D-8 trade agreement to take effect in July". The Daily Star. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Bangladesh seeks more cooperation in RMG trade". The Daily Star. 10 October 2012. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "The tale of telecom". The Daily Star. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Stay in safer places". The Daily Star. 17 August 2013. Retrieved 28 December 2017.