Bangladesh–Haiti relations refer to the bilateral relations between Bangladesh and Haiti. The relations between the two countries have been largely influenced by the role of Bangladeshi peace keepers in Haiti. There have been some cultural exchanges between the two countries, mostly sports related.
Contribution of Bangladeshi peace keepers
Bangladeshi peace keepers are playing an active role in maintaining peace and stability in Haiti. Bangladeshi peace keepers in Haiti were first deployed in 2004 as part of United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti. In 2010, Haiti became the first country to receive all-female Bangladeshi police contingent. In 2012, officers of Bangladeshi police unit were awarded United Nations medal for their contribution in managing law enforcement in Haiti.
- "Q&A with peacekeeper Sahely Ferdous, Superintendent in the Bangladesh Formed Police Unit, Haiti". UN Women. 29 May 2012. Archived from the original on 21 January 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Bangladesh to send female peacekeeper unit to Haiti". Google News. Agence France-Presse. Archived from the original on 18 May 2010. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "Bangladeshi peacekeepers get UN medal in Haiti". New Age. Dhaka. 16 May 2012. Archived from the original on 17 January 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Bangladesh to send medical team to Haiti". Xinhua News Agency. 14 January 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Bangladesh to send medical team tomorrow". The Daily Star. UNB. 17 January 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Sony Norde sends Sheikh Jamal into semis". Daily Sun. 30 November 2013. Archived from the original on 8 April 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Traveller Millien here". The Daily Star. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2015.