Bangladesh has an embassy in Doha. Bangladesh and Qatar agreed to boost defense ties. Qatar Charity has schools, orphanages and training centres in Bangladesh. In 2014 Women's Association of Bangladesh-Qatar was formed in Doha. Bangladeshs' foreign minister Abul Hassan Mahmud Ali visited Qatar in 2016 to discuss trade and bilateral ties.
Bangladesh signed a deal in November 2013 to import LNG from Qatar with negotiations going back to 2010. Bangladesh exported goods worth 1.8 million dollar in 2013. Bangladeshi newspaper Prothom Alo started weekly publications of its paper in Qatar in October 2014, the first Bangladeshi daily to publish outside the country. In June 2017, Bangladesh signed an agreement with Qatari company RasGas to receive 2.5 million tonnes of LNG annually for the following 15 years. Shipments are due to begin in 2018.
- "Bangladesh-Qatar to discuss manpower export". Click Ittefaq. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Bangladesh, Qatar to boost defence cooperation". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "QC team visits charity projects in Bangladesh - The Peninsula Qatar". www.thepeninsulaqatar.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Bangladeshi women form association in Doha". archive.qatar-tribune.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Bangladesh, Qatar discuss ways to deepen ties". The Daily Sun. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "The Global Intelligence Files BANGLADESH/QATAR/ENERGY/GV- Dhaka signs deal with Doha to import LNG". wikileaks.org. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Qatar Petroleum agrees LNG sale to Bangladesh". Arabian Business. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Dhaka-Doha to sign double taxation avoidance deal | Dhaka Tribune". archive.dhakatribune.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Prothom Alo steps into the Gulf". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Govt finalises deal on import of Qatar LNG". Hellenic Shipping News. 26 June 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Independent, The. "Bangladesh, Qatar Joint Working Group to discuss manpower export". Bangladesh, Qatar Joint Working Group to discuss manpower export | theindependentbd.com. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Qatar to recruit Bangladeshis". The Independent Bangladesh. 4 March 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
|This article related to international law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|