Meetings and visits
In 1996 the Bangladesh ambassador to Slovakia met with the Slovak Minister for Culture to discuss an agreement on cultural cooperation.
Bangladesh and Slovakia have been supporting each other in the global forums. In 2010, Slovakia supported Bangladesh's candidature in CEDAW. Bangladesh and Slovakia also agreed to hold regular foreign office consultation. In 2011, former Slovak President Ivan Gašparovič appreciated Bangladesh's position in South Asia.
Cultural and educational cooperation
Slovakia has expressed interest in providing higher education scholarships to Bangladeshi students. The two countries also agreed to sign "fresh agreements on culture, science and technology and other areas of cooperation in line with the old pacts between Bangladesh and Czechoslovakia".
Bangladesh and Slovakia have sought to expand trade. In 2010, the two countries drafted an agreement to strengthen the bilateral trade and investment. Bangladeshi export to Slovakia stood at more than 100 million Euros in 2011 which has been termed significant considering the small population of Slovakia. Most of the Bangladeshi export items are related to apparel products. Bangladeshi jute, leather and leather products, ceramics and pharmaceuticals have been identified as promising export items to Slovakian market. Slovakia's export items to Bangladesh were dominated by chemical products. Bangladesh and Slovakia have also been discussing the possibility of forming a Joint Business Council to further explore business opportunities.
- Durjoy Roy (2012-09-22). "Slovakia keen to expand trade with Bangladesh". The Daily Sun. Archived from the original on February 1, 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Diplomats meet culture minister". Tlacova Agentura Slovenskej Republiky. 2 September 1996.
- "V Prezidentskom paláci sa to veľvyslancami len tak hmýrilo". pluska.sk. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Slovak envoy calls on FM". archive.thedailystar.net. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Untitled 1". mofa.gov.bd. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Slovak entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh". The Daily Star. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "President urges Slovakia to recruit skilled, semi-skilled manpower from Bangladesh | Priyo News". news.priyo.com. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
|This article about bilateral relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|