|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Wheelbase||2,750 mm (108.3 in)|
|Length||4,655 mm (183.3 in)|
|Width||1,835 mm (72.2 in)|
|Height||1,760 mm (69.3 in)|
|Curb weight||1,435–1,564 kg (3,164–3,448 lb)|
The Baojun 530 (Chinese: 宝骏530) is a 5-/7-seater compact crossover SUV produced by SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW). Unveiled at the Auto Guangzhou 2017, Baojun 530 took design cues from the smaller 510 and is a successor of the 560, while the 560 remained on sale as a cheaper alternative. The crossover is an example of an extensive badge engineering; it was marketed under four different brands in different markets.
Baojun 530 started sale in China on February 2018. It started production in Indonesia in January 2019 as the Wuling Almaz, making Indonesia the first market outside China to receive the 530 model. In November 2018, the 530 was also introduced as the second generation Chevrolet Captiva in Colombia. The Chevrolet-badged 530 started sales in select South American markets in April 2019, being fully imported from China. It was launched in India as MG Hector on 27 June 2019 as the first model released by MG Motor India.
In the Chinese domestic market, Baojun 530 is positioned above the 510 subcompact crossover and under the later released RS-5 within Baojun's lineup. Initial pricing of the 530 ranges from 78,800 yuan to 119,800 yuan. The 530 in China is offered with a 1.5 turbo petrol engine with the turbocharger sourced from Honeywell, paired with either 5-speed manual and DCT, and a 1.8 naturally aspirated petrol engine, paired with a 5-speed AMT.
In November 2018, the 2019 model was launched with a CVT with 8-speed simulation jointly developed by Bosch and SGMW, slight adjustments to the engine power and torque, and a new speedometer layout. In January 2019, the 7-seater version of the 530 was launched.
In 2018, 116,324 units were sold in China.
The facelifted version of the 530 was released in 20 September 2019, featuring the new Baojun design language. It also received a 10.4" head unit with an integrated air conditioning control, a full LCD speedometer and a 6-seater configuration as an option.
The 530 is marketed in Indonesia under the Wuling brand with the name Almaz, which was revealed on 23 January 2019 and launched to the market on 27 February 2019. The "Almaz" name, which is a modification of Almas, means "diamond" in Arabic. A left-hand-drive prototype was previously displayed at the 26th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show in August 2018 under the Wuling SUV name as an introduction. At launch, the crossover is offered in only one variant, 1.5T 5-seater. It is equipped with a 1.5 L petrol engine with turbocharger producing 140 hp, instead of 145–147 hp in other markets. Initially, Almaz was only offered with a Bosch-sourced CVT.
Being the first right-hand drive model of the 530 platform, Almaz immediately received a 10.4" head unit with an integrated air conditioning control, smartphone mirroring functionality dubbed as Wuling Link and other vehicle settings control embedded, which for the left-hand model was meant to be later upgrade from the existing 8" floating head unit. After its release, Almaz received 2,000 bookings in two months.
A 7-seater version was revealed in 11 July 2019 and launched at the 27th Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show alongside a new voice command system named WIND (Wuling Indonesian Command), which only supports Indonesian language. It is the first car to have a voice command system with Indonesian language support. The Indonesian 7-seater version is equipped with rear third row AC blower with an independent air blower speed switch.
A lower variant, dubbed as the Smart Enjoy was also launched at the same time as an entry-level alternative. The Smart Enjoy variant does not equipped with panoramic roof, cruise control, multi around view camera, leather seats and climate control. It is the only Almaz to be offered with manual transmission.
The 530 was introduced as the second-generation Chevrolet Captiva for the first time ever on November 2018 in Salon de Automovil de Bogota 2018, Colombia. It was seen wearing a different front grille to match the Chevrolet logo. Later, General Motors announced that the Captiva would be sold in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Uruguay. In April 2019, the Captiva was launched in Peru as the first launch in South America. The South American market Captiva were offered in 5-seater and 7-seater configuration, and initially only offered with manual transmission. The units were fully imported from China and it slots between the Tracker/Trax and Equinox.
On 27 March 2019, GM introduced the Captiva at the Bangkok International Motor Show, Thailand. It was later reported that the Captiva for Thailand domestic market would be fully imported from SGMW facility in Cikarang, Indonesia. On September 25, 2019 Wuling Indonesia launched the first export, after 20 months productions in Indonesia with Indonesia local content 43.5 percent. Unlike the Captiva for the South American market, the Thai-spec Captiva would sport a 10.4" head unit, electronic parking brake, panoramic sunroof and a 360-degree around view camera like the Wuling Almaz and would only be offered in CVT.
Starting in October 2019, Chevrolet Captiva will be officially sold in Thailand in three trims: LS, LT and Premier.
In India, the 530 was marketed as the MG Hector as SAIC's first model in India. MG Hector is based on an unreleased 530 facelift which sports a honeycomb grille, dual-projector LED headlight, rear LED lights, chrome finish elements in some exterior parts instead of a matte silver finish, and a taillamp extension garnish. The Hector is equipped with a 10.4" head unit with more features than Almaz such as a e-SIM support, navigation system, extensive smartphone integration such as car functionality remote control including remote engine start, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, Gaana music streaming service support, and over-the-air (OTA) software update all dubbed as the iSMART technology. As the result, all MG Hector (except the Style variant) gained an 'Internet Inside' branding emblem.
The Hector is available in four trim levels: Style, Super, Smart and Sharp, and available in three different engine options: 1.5 L petrol turbo, 1.5 L petrol turbo with mild hybrid technology, and a 2.0 L turbodiesel sourced from FCA. Only the former engine received an automatic transmission option, specifically dual-clutch transmission. It received 21,000 bookings only 23 days after launch. In July 18, 2019, MG Motor India stopped taking bookings for the Hector, citing limited production capacity while they already received over 21,000 bookings. A 7-seater version would arrive in 2020.
|1.5T||LJO||1,451 cc||110 kW (147 hp; 150 PS) at 5,500 rpm||230 N⋅m (170 lb⋅ft) at 2,000–3,800 rpm||6-speed manual, 6-speed DCT||China (2018 model), South America, India|
|1.5T||LJO||1,451 cc||108 kW (145 hp; 147 PS) at 5,500 rpm||250 N⋅m (180 lb⋅ft) at 1,600–3,600 rpm||6-speed manual, CVT||China (2019 model)|
|1.5T||LJO||1,451 cc||104 kW (140 hp; 142 PS) at 5,200 rpm||250 N⋅m (180 lb⋅ft) at 1,600–3,600 rpm||6-speed manual, 8-Speed Shift Control CVT||Indonesia, Thailand|
|1.8||LJ4||1,798 cc||101 kW (135 hp; 137 PS) at 5,600 rpm||186 N⋅m (137 lb⋅ft) at 3,600–4,600 rpm||5-speed AMT||China (2018 model)|
|2.0 Diesel||Multijet II||1,956 cc||125 kW (168 hp; 170 PS) at 3,750 rpm||350 N⋅m (260 lb⋅ft) at 1,750–2,500 rpm||6-speed manual||India|
- "GM Launches All-New Chevrolet Captiva Turbo In South America". GM Authority. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "MG Hector SUV launched in India, prices start ₹12.18 lakh: Full pricing, specs". Mint. 27 June 2019. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Baojun 530 Launched On The Chinese Car Market".
- "SAIC-GM-Wuling Launches 2019 Baojun 530 Compact SUV". media.gm.com. 2018-11-26. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "Baojun 530 China auto sales figures". carsalesbase.com. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "宝骏新款530下月上市 车身加长 新增6座版本_车家号_发现车生活_汽车之家". chejiahao.autohome.com.cn. Retrieved 2019-09-21.
- "Wuling SUV Diluncurkan Pakai Nama Wuling Almaz!". NYETIR.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Wuling Motors Perkenalkan SUV Berbasis Baojun 530 - Tribunnews.com". 2 August 2018.
- Media, Kompas Cyber. "Mengenal Teknologi Turbo dan CVT pada Wuling Almaz". KOMPAS.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "2019 Baojun 530 (facelift) spied with same interior as India's MG SUV". Indianautosblog.
- "2 Bulan, Wuling Almaz Bisa Gaet 2000 Konsumen". JPNN.
- Rahadiansyah, Rangga. "Wuling Banderol Almaz 7-Seater Mulai Rp 260 Jutaan". detikoto. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Ridwan Arifin (September 25, 2019). "Wuling Ekspor Almaz Buatan Cikarang, Berubah Jadi Chevrolet".
- Arief Aszhari (September 26, 2019). "Dua Tahun Ekspor, Berapa Kandungan Lokal Wuling Almaz Berlogo Chevrolet?".
- "Exclusive First Impression : รีวิว ทดลองขับ Chevrolet Captiva ใหม่ ทำไมต้องบินไปถึง SGMW แดนมังกร ?". HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). 2019-07-02. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "ALL-NEW CHEVROLET CAPTIVA HITS SHOWROOMS ON OCTOBER 4, FULL PRICING AND SPECIFICATIONS REVEALED". Chevrolet Pressroom. 2019-09-09. Retrieved 2019-09-23.
- "MG Hector Receives 10,000 Bookings In 23 Days – NDTV CarAndBike". CarAndBike. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "MG Hector bookings closed! Achieves 2019 sales target within 20 days of launch". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2019-07-25.
- "MG Hector 7-seater India launch confirmed for early 2020". Autocar India. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "Upcoming MG Hector SUV Spied Completely Undisguised in London". News18. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- "MG Motor India Announces Benedict Cumberbatch As Its Brand Ambassador – NDTV CarAndBike". CarAndBike. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- "MG Motor signs Benedict Cumberbatch as its brand ambassador". Autocar India. Retrieved 2019-07-08.
- Official website
- Official website (Wuling Almaz, Indonesian market)
- Official website (MG Hector, Indian market)
- Official website (Chevrolet Captiva, Peruvian market)
- Official website (Chevrolet Captiva, Thai market)
Baojun automobile timeline, 2010–present