Logo of Baranagar Municipality
|Formation||1869; 150 years ago (1869)|
|Headquarters||87, Deshbandhu Road (East), Baranagar, Kolkata - 700035|
Baranagar Municipality is the civic body that governs Baranagar and its surrounding areas Noapara, Dunlop, Alambazar in Barrackpore subdivision of North 24 Parganas district and some areas of Sinthi, Cossipore of Kolkata district, West Bengal, India.
Baranagar, an ancient region of artisan people, is situated adjacent to Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC). The place is situated on the bank of the river Hooghly. Portuguese colonies at first established their business camp here which was in existence till 1862.
|Seats||32 (94.12%)||2 (5.88%)|
32 / 34
2 / 34
- "Baranagar Municipality". Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- "Vice - Chairperson of Baranagar Municipality". Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- "History of Baranagar Municipality". Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- "Baranagar Matri Sadan".
- "Baranagar State General Hospital".
- "Municipal General Election Results". Results of Municipal General Elections 2015. West Bengal State Election Commission. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
|Localities and streets|
Cities, towns, locations and neighbourhoods in North 24 Parganas district
|Municipal cities/ towns |
and Census towns
other than cities and towns
of other cities and towns in North 24 Parganas
Municipalities & CD blocks of West Bengal