|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone/STD code||+91 33|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Swarupnagar|
Barbaria is a village in Barasat I CD Block in Barasat Sadar subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the state of West Bengal, India. It is close to Kolkata and also a part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration.
Barbaria, Berunanpukuria, Jagannathpur, Kokapur and Chak Barbaria form a loose cluster of villages and census towns along State Highway 2 (locally known as Barasat-Barrackpore Road), close to Barasat.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Barbaria had a total population of 4,764, of which 2,416 (51%) were males and 2,348 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 454. The total number of literates in Barbaria was 3,649 (84.66% of the population over 6 years).
Adamas World School is a co-educational CBSE Board school at Adamas Knowledge City, PO Jagannathpur, having arrangements for teaching from Play class tp class X.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Page 393 -Map of Barasat I CD Block. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- Google maps
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "33811 Sealdah-Bangaon local". Time Table. India Railinfo. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Adamas Institute of Technology". AIT. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Adamas World School". Target Study. Retrieved 6 May 2018.