Trishul Air Base, Bareilly
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Serves||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Elevation AMSL||578 ft / 176 m|
Airlines and destinations
Trishul Air Base
The Bareilly air force station (Trishul Air Base) is one of the largest air bases of the Indian Air Force (IAF). It is a part of Central Air Command. It has a squadron of fighters, the Sukhois and the helicopter squadrons. It had Foxbats capable of flying up to 80,000 feet. The underground hangar it possesses is considered to be one of the largest in Asia. The Russian-origin Su-30 MKI fighters have been deployed at this air base.
The Airports Authority of India is constructing a passenger terminal at the civil enclave at Mudia Ahmed Nagar village along the Pilibhit bypass. The terminal is named 'Naath Nagri Air Terminal' by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. The district administration of Bareilly received Rs.11 crore from the government for the Civil Enclave project. Ten hectare land has been acquired from farmers for this purpose. AAI commenced the tender process to award construction contracts for the development of Bareilly Airport in September 2017 and expects the civil enclave to be ready by March 2018, pending Uttar Pradesh State Government approval. However, the opening of the civil enclave may be delayed after the IAF sought changes in the layout of the taxiway which will connect the civil enclave apron to the runway. The Airport Authority of India has already awarded the tender of approximately 33 crores for the terminal building. Now that all the problems are sorted, the air service is expected to start by October, 2019.
- "The MIGnificient Flying Machines". Bharat Rakshak. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- Records of the Geological Survey of India. Volume 128, Part 2.
- The Evolving Maritime Balance of Power in the Asia-Pacific. ISBN 981256828X. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "UP: Bareilly likely to get airport by 2017". Hindustan Times. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Proposal to name civil enclave at Bareilly airport as 'Naath Nagri' passed". The Indian Express. 9 July 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Civil airport project pending awaiting state govt order". The Times of India. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Bareilly airport". CAPA. Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Civilian flights from city may be delayed as IAF seeks changes in taxiway plan". The Times of India. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Taxiway gets nod, flights to start before Holi: DM". The Times of India. 4 January 2019. Retrieved 17 January 2019.