Barg-i Matal District
Bargi Matal District (Barge Matal District, Bragamatal District, Kamkata-vari: břagamâṭol, Pashto: برګ مټال ولسوالۍ, Persian: ولسوالی برگ متال) is a district of Nuristan Province, Afghanistan. It was originally in Konarha Province (Konar Province) and then was moved to the newly created Nuristan Province in 2001.
Bargi Matal District is bounded by:
- Kuran wa Munjan District of Badakhshan Province to the west and northwest,
- Chitral District of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan, to the northeast and east,
- Kamdesh District to the south, and
- Parun District to the southwest.
- Peshawar, Afghanistan, a settlement in the district
- "Nuristan Provincial Profile" (PDF). Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Afghanistan Administrative Divisions"[dead link] map, March 2007, Afghanistan Information Management Services (AIMS)
- "Afghanistan" political map, 1986, United States Central Intelligence Agency
- Crowley, Michael (22 September 2009) "Dying For Barge Matal" The New Republic
- Cavendish, Julius (13 November 2009) "Barge Matal: It's a Place We Never Want to Go Back To", The Independent
|This Nuristan Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|