Barkerville Provincial Park
Barkerville Provincial Park is a former provincial park in British Columbia, Canada, protecting the museum town of Barkerville, capital of the Cariboo Gold Rush, and environs. In 2006, the BC Ministry of the Environment transferred ownership of the 136-acre park to the Ministry of Tourism, Sport and the Arts for park purposes.
The park was established in 12 January 1959, as Barkerville Historic Park by Order-in-Council with an area of 160.23 acres. This was increased in 1973 to 1130 acres. In 1998, Barkerville Historic Park was dissolved and two properties were created: Barkerville Park (Provincial Park) and Barkerville Historic Town (Provincial Heritage Property). Barkerville Park converted from Order In Canada to statute designation in 2000; the whole area consisted of roughly 136 acres. Barkerville Park was repealed in 2006.
The park has three sites, Government Hill Site (7.4 acres), Lowhee Site (49.4 acres), and Forest Rose Site (79 acres), which all continue to be in operation by a private licensee.
- "MISCELLANEOUS STATUTES AMENDMENT ACT, 2006". Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. 2006. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "Four New Class A Parks for British Columbia". Archived from the original on 2014-10-20. Retrieved 2014-10-12.
- "Barkerville Park". Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "Barkerville Historic Park". BC Geographical Names.
|This British Columbia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|