Barrington Township, Cook County, Illinois
Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Supervisor||Eugene "Gene" Dawson|
|• Town Clerk||D. Robert Alberding|
|• Assessor||Amy Nykaza|
|• Tax Collector||Linda Post|
|• Trustees||Daniel Fitzgerald|
Robert A Nykaza, Jr.
Michael W. Ryan
Ronald F. Szymanski
|• Total||36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.8 sq mi (90.2 km2)|
|• Water||1.2 sq mi (3.0 km2) 3.26%|
|Elevation||883 ft (269 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||449/sq mi (173.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60010, 60118, 60192, 60195
Barrington Township is one of 29 townships in Cook County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 15,636. The northwestern corner of the Cook County panhandle, it is the county's northwesternmost township. It is also by far the least densely populated township in the county, with less than half the population density of the next least Lemont Township.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Barrington Township covers an area of 36.0 square miles (93.3 km2); of this, 34.8 square miles (90.2 km2) is land and 1.2 square miles (3.0 km2) (3.26 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Barrington Hills (south three-quarters)
- East Dundee
- Hoffman Estates
- Inverness (west quarter)
- South Barrington
The township contains two cemeteries: Evergreen and Union.
Airports and landing strips
- Allstate Commercial Plaza Heliport
- Mill Rose Farm RLA Airport
- Rose Number 2 Heliport
- Beverly Lake
- Crabtree Lake
- Dana Lake
- Goose Lake
- Hawley Lake
- Hawthorne Lake
- Heather Lake
- Keene Lake
- Lacey Lake
- Mirror Lake
- Mud Lake
- Spring Lake
- Stephanie Lake
- Barrington Forest Preserve (west quarter)
- Cook County-Potawatomi Woods Forest Preserve
- Crabtree Nature Center (Cook County Forest Preserve)
- Prairie Stone Business Park
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Barrington Community Unit School District 220
- Community Unit School District 300
- School District 46
- Illinois' 6th congressional district
- State House District 52
- State House District 54
- State Senate District 26
- State Senate District 27
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifier: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Barrington township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 41.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Barrington Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas