Barron G. Collier High School
|Barron G. Collier High School|
5600 Cougar Drive
|Type||Comprehensive public high school|
|Motto||All Students Can Learn|
|School district||District School Board of Collier County|
|NCES School ID||120033000357|
|Teaching staff||81.00 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.91|
- 1978-1996 Paul Manley
- 1996-1998 Toni Eubank
- 1998-2004 Raymond Baker - Former Superintendent
- 2004-2007 Ron Miller
- 2007-2008 Gary Brown
- 2008-2013 Tim Kutz
- 2013–2015 Tammy Caraker
- 2015–present Jose Hernandez
Barron Collier High School is one of the seven members of the Collier County Athletic Conference. The school's official list of sports is separated by season. In 2012 and 2013, both the men and women's tennis teams won the state title. In 2006 and 2008, the Barron Collier Cougars Varsity Girls Basketball won the Class 5A state championship. The main athletic crosstown rivals are Naples High School, Lely High School, and Gulf Coast High School.
- Varsity Football
- Varsity Golf
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Varsity Swimming and Diving
- Girls Varsity Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Varsity Baseball
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Track and Field
- Concert Chorus
- Bel Canto
- Vocal Ensemble
- Men's Choir
- Honor Choir
- Marching Band
- (Drum line, weapon line, majorettes, flag line and dance team)
- Wind Ensemble
- Symphonic Band
- Concert Band
- Jazz Band
- Winter Guard- Weapon Line and Flag Line
- Dance Team/ Dance Line
- String Orchestra
- Chamber Orchestra
Barron G. Collier High School is home to many different extracurricular clubs. An accurate, up-to-date list is difficult to keep, as clubs are added and dropped as students graduate or lose interest. However, some of the notable clubs are:
- JROTC (including Drill Team, Raiders Team, Rifle Team, Color Guard, Honor Guard)
- Key Club
- Model United Nations
- National Honor Society
- Spanish Honor Society
- Drama Club
- Art Club
- Ranked as an 'A' school based on FCAT scores
- Boys Tennis State Champions: 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- Girls Basketball State Champions: 2006 and 2008
- Wrestling State Champions: 1994
- Football District Champions: 1990, 1995, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Basketball District Champions: 1999, 2011
- Haley Bennett - Actress
- Courtney Hansen - Actress, television personality, syndicated columnist, and model.
- Anthony Herrera - NFL offensive guard
- Jeff Heuerman- Denver Broncos Tight End
- Chris Resop - Major League Baseball pitcher 
- Bjorn Fratangelo, online student, professional tennis player
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Barron Collier High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 12, 2019.
- "Administration & Guidance". Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "Naples-Barron Collier: Rivalry goes much deeper than just football". Naples Daily News. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- "Prep Football: Catfish Bowl still a big deal to Barron Collier, Gulf Coast". Naples Daily News. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Lewis, Katherine (12 May 2006). "BCHS makes Newsweek list of top U.S. high schools". Naples Daily News. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-10.
- "BCHS: there's a new cat in town". archive.naplesnews.com. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- "COUGARS: A Big Sixth". The News-Press. Fort Myers, Florida. May 24, 1997. p. 32.
- "Naples High School Students Learn About Florida Gulf Coast University Health Profession Programs". Florida Gulf Coast University. May 30, 2001.
- "Principal fired over pornographic emails". NBC-2.com. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- "NEWS RELEASE – "INTERIM PRINCIPAL NAMED FOR BARRON COLLIER HIGH SCHOOL"" (PDF). November 28, 2007. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "Collier school district superintendent hiring some familiar faces". archive.naplesnews.com. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Tanner, Katie (2015-08-02). "Collier Principals: New Faces in New Places". neafamily.com. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- "Sports Schedules". Archived from the original on October 2, 2006. Retrieved November 8, 2006.
- Adam Fisher (1 April 2013). "Prep tennis: Barron Collier sweeps boys, girls state titles". Naples Daily News. Archived from the original on December 30, 2014.
- Busch, Angela (28 February 2008). "Barron Collier celebrates its girls basketball, individual wrestling titles". Naples Daily News. Archived from the original on January 29, 2013. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- Lewis, Katherine (8 July 2008). "Most Collier schools make good grades on state's report card". Marco Eagle. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- "2010 3A Boys Team Results" (PDF). Florida High School Athletic Association. p. 12. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "FHSAA CLASS 3A BOYS" (PDF). Florida High School Athletic Association. p. 12. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "FHSAA Wrestling Championships" (PDF). Florida High School Athletic Association. 2018. p. 2. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "FHSAA Football Championships" (PDF). Florida High School Athletic Association. 2017–18. pp. 13, 19–21.CS1 maint: Date format (link)
- "Biography". A Rare Reflection, the official home of Haley Bennett. Archived from the original on 2008-07-10. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- Kipling, Kay (November 2004). "Driving Ambition". Gulfshore Life. Archived from the original on October 30, 2006. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- "Anthony Herrera: Player Profile". National Football League. Archived from the original on 19 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-23.
- "Jeff Heuerman Bio". Ohio State Buckeyes. 2014.
- "Chris Resop: Player Profile". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- Barnes, Keith. "Plum's Bjorn Fratangelo takes another major step forward". TribLIVE.com. Retrieved 2017-10-20.