Batchawana Bay, Ontario
|Etymology: Badjiwanung Ojibwe for "water that bubbles up"|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|Area code(s)||705, 249|
Batchawana Bay is an unincorporated place and Compact Rural Community in Algoma District in Northeastern Ontario, Canada. It is also the name of a local services board, consisting of parts of the geographic townships of Fisher, Herrick, Ryan and Tilley. It is located north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, on the shores of Batchawana Bay off Lake Superior.
- "Batchawana Bay". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2018-07-01. (community)
- "CLAIMaps IV". Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines. 2016. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- Map 12 (PDF) (Map). 1 : 1,600,000. Official road map of Ontario. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- Restructured municipalities - Ontario map #4 (Map). Restructuring Maps of Ontario. Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. 2006. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
- Local Services Boards, R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 737 Archived 2014-03-10 at the Wayback Machine. Canadian Legal Information Institute.
- "Batchawana Bay". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2018-07-01. (bay)
- "Batchawana Bay Provincial Park". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2018-07-01. (park)
- "Batchawana Bay". Ontario Parks. Retrieved 2018-07-01.
|This Northern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|