Battersea Park railway station (1860-1870)
Battersea Park station with its original name, 1862
|Owner||London, Brighton and South Coast Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London transport portal|
Battersea Park (originally Battersea) was a railway station on the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LB&SCR) located close to the River Thames immediately to the south of Victoria Railway Bridge (now Grosvenor Bridge) on the east side of Battersea Park in Battersea, south-west London. It opened on 1 October 1860 and changed its name to "Battersea Park" on 1 July 1862. The station was closed on 1 November 1870 when the LB&SCR started to use Grosvenor Road railway station on the north side of the river.
The station should not be confused with the current Battersea Park station, opened as "York Road" in 1867, or with another station named "Battersea" on the West London Extension Railway that was opened in 1863 and closed in 1940. The station is recorded in Course (1963) as "Battersea Park and Steamboat Pier station".
- London's Disused Stations Volume 6 by J.E.Connor
- Chronology of Londons Railways by H.V.Borley
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|London Victoria||London, Brighton & South Coast Railway
|London, Brighton & South Coast Railway
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|