Beijing Jiaotong University
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Motto in English
|knowing and doing|
|President||Wang JiaQiong Chinese: 王稼琼; pinyin: Wáng Jià Qióng|
Beijing Jiaotong University (Chinese: 北京交通大学), formerly Northern Jiaotong University (Chinese: 北方交通大学), is one of the oldest universities in mainland China. The main campus is located at Haidian District, near Xizhimen in central Beijing. Its longitude and latitude coordinates are 116.348 degrees east and 39.959 degrees north. The university's name is often abbreviated by locals to BeiJiaoDa (北交大). JiaoDa is a participant in the Ministry of Education's Project 211, classifying it as a top Chinese university. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University, with Double First Class status in certain disciplines. Beijing Jiaotong university is one of the prominent universities in the world in regard of Transportation Science and Technology. According to the shanghai subject ranking 2018 for Transportation Science and Technology, BJTU has achieved the first place (Beijing Jiaotong University-1st, Tshinghua University-2nd, Massachusetts Institute of Technology-10th, SJTU-15th) all over the world.
This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
 The university was a component of Jiaotong University (also named Chiao Tung University). In September 1809, the Postal Department of the Qing government founded the Railway Management Institute in Beijing. In 1920, the Republic of China founded, it was attached to the Ministry of Transportation and Communications and its name was changed to "Ministry of Communications Traffic Training Institute". Meanwhile, it increased some subjects including the electrical engineering, cable broadcast and radio. In 1921, it merged with two technical schools in Shanghai and Tangshan to form the Jiaotong University, which had three campuses in Beijing, Shanghai and Tangshan, respectively, changing its name to Beijing Jiaotong University. The Beijing campus was named National Jiaotong University, Beijing (中国交通大学) in 1949. In 1950, the Beijing campus was renamed Northern Jiaotong University (Chinese: 北方交通大学). In September, 2003, it was once again renamed Beijing Jiaotong University (Chinese: 北京交通大学) to make its favorable locality explicit. The Shanghai campus has since separated into two universities which are now Shanghai Jiaotong University(上海交通大学） and Xi'an Jiaotong University（西安交通大学）. There are five Jiaotong Universities in China named: Shanghai Jiaotong University, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Beijing Jiaotong University, Southwest Jiaotong University and National Chiao Tung University. Beijing Jiaotong University is listed in "211 Project" universities and 985 Project Innovation Platform. In 2017, Beijing Jiaotong University enters the ranks of double first-class construction.
Schools and faculties As of 2009, Beijing Jiaotong University has the following under its administration:
- Electronic Information Engineering Institute
- Computer and Informational Technology Institute
- Economy Management Institute
- Communication and Transportation Institute
- Civil Engineering and Architecture Institute
- Mechanical and Electronic Control Engineering Institute
- Electric Power Institute
- Physical Sciences Institute
- Humanities and Social Sciences Institute
- Languages and communication studies Institute
- Long-Distance and Continued Education Institute
- Software Engineering Institute
- Architecture and Art Institute
Altogether, the university has 22 research institutes and research centers, and 39 laboratories which include the transportation system simulation laboratory and transportation automation laboratory, which are the best of their kinds in China.
Beijing Jiaotong facilities include its own transmitter tower, hospital, hotels, TV station, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, gym, arboretum, moot courts, lip balm monkeys, museum, art gallery, railway line, and stadium.
As of 2017, there are 25569 full-time students on the campus, of whom are 7,527 graduate students working on masters or PhD programs, 500 international students, and 8,767 engaged in correspondence programs, night schools, and other full-time programs.
There are 2844 faculty members and scientists at the university, 10 of which are academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, 286 full professors, and 588 associate professors. The Transportation, Engineering, Law and ICT Faculties are particularly well-regarded.
- Outer ring circle and gear circle are concentric circles in calibration
- The school name is Mao Zedong font "Beifang Jiaotong University"
- English use balc font"BEIJING JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY"
- "1896"representative school founding time
- The round anvil, hammer, chain and gear symbolize industrial manufacturing and products; books symbolize science and knowledge; gear symbolize management, reflecting that the school is a university with science and engineering as its main part.
Beijing jiaotong university students' time :“知行”
National jiaotong university time:"知行”
|Discipline (Degree)||Program||Program Code||School|
|Engineering||Communication Engineering||080703||School of Electronic and Information Engineering|
|Rail Traffic Signaling and Control||080802T|
|Electronic Science and Technology||080702|
|Mechanical Engineering*||080201||School of Mechanical, Electronic and Control Engineering|
|Measurement, Control Technology and Instrumentation*||080301|
|Energy and Power Engineering||080501|
|Civil Engineering||081001||School of Civil Engineering|
|Water Supply and Drainage Science and Engineering||081003|
|Transportation*||081801||School of Traffic and Transportation|
|Nano-materials and Technology||080413T||School of Science|
|Computer Science and Technology*||080901||School of Computer and Information Technology|
|Internet of Things Engineering||080905|
|Electrical Engineering and Automation*||080601||School of Electrical Engineering|
|Software Engineering||080902||School of Software Engineering|
|Urban and Rural Planning||082802||School of Architecture and Design|
|Economics||Economics||020101||School of Economics and Management|
|Management||Labor and Social Security||120403|
|Information Management and Information System||120102|
|Science||Information and Computation Science||070102||School of Science|
|Opto-electronic Information Science and Engineering||080705|
|Mathematics and Applied Mathematics||070101|
|Architecture||Architecture||082801||School of Architecture and Design|
|Arts||Graphic Design||130502||School of Architecture and Design|
|Digital Media Arts||130508|
|English Language||050201||School of Languages &Communication Studies|
|Law||Law||030101K||School of Law|
1. The table is made with reference to “The Catalog of Undergraduate Programs of Regular Higher Education Institutions of China, 2012”. 2. Length of Schooling: Urban and Rural Planning-5 years; Architecture-5 years; Others-4 years. 3. The programs marked with * are accredited by Washington Accord.
The university is a member of the Beijing university of science and technology alliance. According to the official website of the university in July 2018, the university has established cooperative relations with 235 universities and famous multinational enterprises in 45 countries including the United States, Britain, Germany and France. Confucius institutes have been established in Leuven, Belgium, Houston, USA and campinas, Brazil to actively spread Chinese culture. In 2017, the school officially joined the international railway cooperation organization (OSJD), which enhanced the school's influence and voice in the international railway field. Joining the china-ceec association of colleges and universities has laid a solid foundation for the university to expand its cooperation and exchanges with central and eastern European countries (education). Hosted the "One Belt And One Road" rail transit education training school-enterprise cooperation dialogue and the annual meeting of china-asean rail transit education training alliance. Signed a cooperation agreement with Russian jiaotong university to jointly hold zhan tianyou college; China and Indonesia signed a cooperation agreement on jointly building a china-indonesia high-speed railway research center with bandung institute of technology of Indonesia. Beijing Jiaotong University is one of the earliest universities which authorized by the Chinese government to enroll overseas students. Ever since BJTU has received over 3,000 foreign students and visiting scholars from as many as 71 countries and regions of Asia, Africa, Europe and North America, etc. Jiaotong has agreements with universities in the United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Singapore, Japan, Australia and others. U.S. President Barack Obama saw JiaoDa on a state visit to Beijing.
"Entering China" project
The project's objective is to promote international education and cultural exchanges, promote Chinese culture and promote exchanges and cooperation between Chinese and foreign students. The program is jointly organized by Beijing Jiaotong University and the China Women and Children Development Center in order to provide comprehensive education services for international students.
In 2007, Beijing Jiaotong University appointed Studypath as a strategic technology partner to co-ordinate and liaise with students and agencies to enroll in the project. The online service is a 'technological study-path' available worldwide that supports the exchange program, both before and after the students arrive in China. Beijing Jiaoda still cooperates on some level with its sister, Shanghai Jiaotong University, with business and economics students being able to switch campus.
- Liang Tsai-Ping, guzheng player
- Mao Yisheng, structural engineer, an expert on bridge construction, and a social activist.
- Zheng Zhenduo, a Chinese journalist, writer, archaeologist, and scholar
- Liu Han, founder of China's first radio station, "Father of China Broadcasting"
- Jin Shixuan, expert of railway transportation，railway transport educator, founder and founder of railway transport discipline in China, the former vice president of Northern Jiaotong University
- "Beijing Jiaotong University". en.bjtu.edu.cn. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
adhering to the university motto of ‘knowing and doing’,
- "Beijing Jiaotong University". en.bjtu.edu.cn. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "教育部 财政部 国家发展改革委 关于公布世界一流大学和一流学科建设高校及建设 学科名单的通知 (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first class universities and disciplines)".
- 作为交通大学的五大资源之一, 北京交通大学可以追溯到1898年。它以前被称为清政府成立的北京铁路管理学院。是我国第一所培养管理人才的高等院校。这是中国的一条现代铁路。管理和电信教育的发祥地
- "进入中国" 项目: vip 节目Archived 2008-07-27 at the Wayback Machine机器.的 影响.