Benjamin Rush State Park
|Benjamin Rush State Park|
A small plot in the community gardens of Benjamin Rush State Park
|Location||Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Area||275 acres (111 ha)|
|Elevation||118 ft (36 m)|
|Named for||Benjamin Rush|
|Governing body||Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources|
|Website||Benjamin Rush State Park|
Benjamin Rush State Park is a 275-acre (111 ha) Pennsylvania state park in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. The park is undeveloped and is the site of community gardens, believed to be one of the largest in the world. The park is home to the Northeast Radio Controlled Airplane Club. Benjamin Rush State Park is in Northeast Philadelphia at the intersection of Southampton Road and Roosevelt Boulevard (U.S. Route 1). The northern boundary of the park is formed by Poquessing Creek. There are several acres of woodlands along the creek bank. A proposal map show plans to connect the park with Fairmount Park. Other proposed improvements included hiking trails, parking facilities, and a reforestation project. The community gardens and airfield for the radio-controlled aircraft would remain.
Nearby state parks
- Bull's Island Recreation Area (New Jersey)
- Delaware Canal State Park (Bucks and Northampton Counties )
- Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park (New Jersey)
- Evansburg State Park (Montgomery County)
- Fort Washington State Park (Montgomery County)
- Neshaminy State Park (Bucks County)
- Nockamixon State Park (Bucks County)
- Norristown Farm Park (Montgomery County)
- Ralph Stover State Park (Bucks County)
- Rancocas State Park (New Jersey)
- Ridley Creek State Park (Delaware County)
- Tyler State Park (Bucks County)
- Washington Crossing State Park (New Jersey)
- "Benjamin Rush State Park Official Web Site". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved 2006-11-16.
- "Benjamin Rush State Park". Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance. Archived from the original on 2006-10-21. Retrieved 2006-12-07. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Benjamin Rush State Park revised development plan (pdf) (Map). Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. August 25, 2009. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- 2007 General Highway Map Philadelphia County Pennsylvania (PDF) (Map). 1:65,000. Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Planning and Research, Geographic Information Division. Retrieved 2007-07-27.[permanent dead link] Note: shows Benjamin Rush State Park
- Michels, Chris (1997). "Latitude/Longitude Distance Calculation". Northern Arizona University. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "Find a Park by Region (interactive map)". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Benjamin Rush State Park.|
- "proposed improvements map" (PDF). (393 KB)