|Founder||AJ Abdallat (CEO)|
Beyond Limits was founded in 2014 by AJ Abdallat with its headquarters located in Glendale, California. In 2012, the company was granted a license by the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) to update, augment and commercialize 40 of its artificial intelligence programs, which had been developed through NASA’s Deep Space program and operated out of Caltech’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).One of the programs licensed by Beyond Limits is the Spacecraft Health Inference Engine (SHINE).
In August 2017, the company appointed Mark L. James as its Chief Technology Officer. James had previously served as a principal investigator with the Reasoning, Modeling, and Simulation Group at JPL and helped create the intellectual property that Beyond Limits licensed from JPL. Notable developments by James include automated tools and techniques for reducing operational and maintenance costs in the NASA Deep Space Network,  and the Spacecraft Health Automated Reasoning Prototype (SHARP) to automatically detect and analyze potential spacecraft and ground systems problems by performing real-time analysis of spacecraft and ground data systems engineering telemetry.
In September 2017, the company hired Manikanda Arunachalam as Senior Vice President for Corporate Development and Investments to head its initiatives in the healthcare and health tech space.
In October 2017, the company appointed Shahram Farhadi as its Head of Oil and Gas Technologies.
Beyond Limits raised a total of $5.5million from undisclosed investors in its series A round of funding. In addition, it was announced in June 2017 that the company had secured $20 million in Series B funding from BP Ventures, the corporate investment arm of global energy business, BP.
- Atanu, Shaw (11 October 2017). "NASA's space missions drive future of artificial intelligence in global business". ibtimes.com.au. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- Laura, Close. "From deep space to under the earth's crust: Beyond Limits' endless impact". The Boss Magazine. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "NASA/JPL Tech-Incubation CEO Talks Artificial Intelligence". Scott Finney, DevOps. January 15 2018. Retrieved January 18 2018
- Vicky, Law (14 August 2017). "Beyond Limits is Spreading NASA's AI to the World". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Former JPL Principal Investigator, Leading Artificial Intelligence Researcher Named Chief Technology Officer of Local Cognitive Computing Company". pasadenanow.com. 30 August 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Artificial Intelligence Targets Advertising by Understanding User". spinoff.nasa.gov. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "An Autonomous Diagnostic and Prognostic Monitoring System for NASA's Deep Space Network". NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- "Automated Monitoring of Spacecraft Health and Status*" (PDF). NASA
- Ken, Briodagh (28 September 2017). "IoT Healthcare: Cognitive AI Company Beyond Limits Hires New Head of Health Tech". iotevolutionworld.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- Ken, Briodagh (16 October 2017). "Beyond Limits appoints new head of oil and gas technologies". iotevolutionworld.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Series A - Beyond Limits". crunchbase.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- Tomio, Geron (7 June 2017). "Beyond Limits Brings Cognitive Computing to Industrial Firms". wsj.com. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Beyond Limits secures investment of $20 million from BP Ventures". worldoil.com/. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Cognitive AI company Beyond Limits expands into health care with new head of health tech".
- "Why cognitive intelligence is the future for healthcare AI".
- "4 Lesser-Known Ways Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Business Today".