Bill Forsyth (diplomat)
Bill Forsyth OBE
William Douglass Forsyth
|Died||3 March 1993 (aged 84)|
|Alma mater||University of Melbourne (BA (Hons)|
|Occupation||Public servant, diplomat|
William Douglass "Bill" Forsyth OBE (1909 – 3 March 1993) was an Australian public servant and diplomat. Over the course of his tenure, he was noted for his work both within the United Nations, and in promoting Southern Pacific countries internationally. In 1959, Forsyth was appointed Australian Ambassador to Vietnam, a role which he served in until 1961. During his appointment, he was also appointed Minister to Laos.
- Forsyth, William Douglass; Pratt, Mel. (Interviewer) (1972), Interview with Mr. William Douglass Forsyth, diplomat, retrieved 21 February 2016
- "Obituary: William Douglass Forsyth, OBE: A distinguished diplomat". The Canberra Times. ACT. p. 12.
- "Ambassador to Vietnam appointed". The Canberra Times. ACT. 2 July 1959. p. 2.
- "Appointed Minister to Laos". The Canberra Times. ACT. 2 October 1959. p. 20.
- Gaind, Rama (29 May 1993). "Prime site near the lake". The Canberra Times. ACT.
as Acting Representative
| Permanent Representative of Australia to the United Nations
Edward Ronald Walker
as Australian Minister to Vietnam and Laos
| Australian Ambassador to Vietnam
| Australian Minister to Laos
as Chargé d'affaires
| Australian Ambassador to Lebanon
- 'Forsyth, William Douglass (1909–1993)', Obituaries Australia, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://oa.anu.edu.au/obituary/forsyth-william-douglass-27737/text35938
- William Douglas Forsyth, The Myth of Open Spaces: Australian, British and World Trends of Population and Migration, MUP/OUP, Melbourne/London, 1942.
- Chad J. Mitcham, 'Forsyth, William Douglass (1909–1993)', Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/forsyth-william-douglass-27737/text35421, published online 2018.
- National Library of Australia, MS 5700: 'Papers of William Douglass Forsyth, 1875–1993'.
- 'Obituary: WILLIAM DOUGLASS FORSYTH, OBE', The Canberra Times, 8 March 1993, p. 12, https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/127200531.
- South Pacific Commission. Meeting House of the Pacific: The Story of the SPC, 1947–2007, Nouméa, New Caledonia: SPC Secretariat, 2007.
|This Australian diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|