1888 card of Nash
|Born: August 15, 1865|
|Died: November 15, 1929 (aged 64)|
East Orange, New Jersey
|August 5, 1884, for the Richmond Virginians|
|Last MLB appearance|
|May 28, 1898, for the Philadelphia Phillies|
|Runs batted in||983|
William Mitchell Nash (June 24, 1865 – November 15, 1929) was a Major League Baseball third baseman. He played 15 seasons in the majors, from 1884 to 1898. He served as player-manager of the Philadelphia Phillies in 1896, and in 1901 he umpired 101 games in the National League.
In 15 seasons, Nash was in 1553 games played, compiling a .275 batting average (1616-5867), with 271 doubles, 87 triples, 60 home runs, 983 RBI, 805 walks, a .367 on-base percentage, and a .382 slugging percentage.
- List of Major League Baseball career runs scored leaders
- List of Major League Baseball player-managers
- The Editors of Total Baseball (2000). Baseball:The Biographical Encyclopedia. Sports Illustrated. p. 825. ISBN 1-892129-34-5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Billy Nash.|
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors), or Retrosheet
- Billy Nash at Find a Grave
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball third baseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|