|Former names||Paramount Theatre|
|Architectural style||Art Deco|
|Location||New Street, Birmingham|
The cinema received its current name in 1942 after it was purchased by Oscar Deutsch's Odeon Cinemas chain. During the 1970s and early to mid-1980s it was a very popular venue for concerts. Iron Maiden performed here in 1980, 1981, 1982.  In 1988 the auditorium was divided into six screens (with two further screens installed in other parts of the building during the early 1990s), ultimately forming an eight screen multiplex with an overall seating capacity of 1,732.
The rear aspect of the building occupies a striking position overlooking the railway tracks at the southeastern approach to New Street station.