Bishop's Stortford RFC
|Full name||Bishop's Stortford Rugby Football Club|
|Location||Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, England|
|Ground(s)||Silver Leys (Capacity: 1,600)|
|League(s)||National League 1|
Bishop's Stortford is an English rugby union team based in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire. The club runs five senior mens sides, a ladies team, O2 Touch rugby section and the full range of mini and junior teams, from under-6's to under-18's. The first XV were promoted to the third tier of the English rugby union system, National League 1 for the first time in season 2017–18.
Bishop's Stortford Rugby Football Club was formed in 1920 and has played at its current location at Silver Leys since 1928. When the league system was introduced in 1987 the club was placed in the London 3 tier and won promotion to London 2 North. However, it took fifteen attempts to win promotion to London 1 in 2003. The club earned promotion to National League 2 South in April 2013. Four years later they gained another promotion winning the National League 2 South on 22 April 2017 after beating Exmouth 60–7 away, and reaching the highest level in the club's history. On 30 April 2017 the club recorded its record attendance, with 1,664 for the final league match of the season.
Honours & club records
- London Division 2 North champions: 2002–03
- Hertfordshire Presidents' Cup winners (4): 1972, 1979, 1996, 2009
- Hertfordshire 7's winners (6): 1965, 1972, 1986, 1994, 1997, 1998
- National League 3 London & SE champions: 2012–13
- National League 2 South champions: 2016–17
2nd team (Blues):
- Hertfordshire Presidents' Cup winners (4): 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Hertfordshire Colts Cup winners (12): 1991, 1992, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
- National Colts Cup winners (2): 2006, 2013
- National Colts Plate winners: 2011
|Played||Won||Drawn||Lost||Points for||Points against||Points diff||Try bonus||Losing bonus||Points|
|8||Darlington Mowden Park||3||1||0||2||96||56||40||2||2||8|
|Green background is the promotion place. Pink background are relegation places.|
Updated: 21 September 2019
Source: "National League 1". NCA Rugby.
- Club website history page
- "Bishop's Stortford Rugby Club are promoted after Exmouth victory". Hertfordshire Mercury. 22 April 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Bishop's Stortford First XV 28 Barnes 21". Bishop's Stortford RFC (Pitchero). 29 April 2017.