Corning, California, U.S.
|Education||California State University, Chico|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Updated March 8, 2019|
White has described feeling gender dysphoria from a young age. When she was 20 years old, she came out as transgender to her family and friends and began feminizing hormone therapy in 2015. White attended California State University, Chico, where she studied computer science. While attending college, she appeared on a friend's live stream, and commenters encouraged her to start a YouTube channel of her own. She is an outspoken survivor of rape. She describes her traumatic experience in her collaboration video with Shane Dawson.
White lives in Los Angeles, California. She describes her political beliefs as center-right. White voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 United States presidential election but does not support many of his policies. To further her transition, White had facial feminization surgery and breast augmentations. She has a vegan symbol tattooed on her right wrist. After approximately ten years, she stated that she would no longer be vegan for health reasons. In June 2018, White announced her engagement to fellow YouTuber, Joey Sarson. In November 2018, White shared her desire to have children biologically and that she would stop taking estrogen.
In February 2017, White was banned from social networking platform Facebook for 30 days, drawing complaints from her supporters. Her account was reinstated shortly afterwards, and Facebook said the ban was in error.
After she was unsatisfied with studying computer science at college, White began posting anti-feminist political videos on the platform in December 2015. She continued making videos about her views on social issues like gender politics. A doxxing fight broke out between White's supporters and supporters of Black Lives Matter when she criticized the social movement. She told Penthouse that she had to contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
White has uploaded her political debates with other YouTubers, commentators and comedians. She has also appeared on political talk show The Rubin Report several times, discussing issues including the North Carolina Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act, which requires individuals to only use restrooms and changing facilities that correspond to the sex on their birth certificates. She has also appeared on Shane and Friends, a video podcast hosted by Shane Dawson.
In 2017, White started uploading videos about her personal life, including about her transitioning plastic surgeries.
On November 11, 2017, White and her boyfriend filmed a video in which they wore hats bearing the Trump slogan "Make America Great Again" and attended an anti-Trump protest on Hollywood Boulevard. In the video, she claims to have been assaulted twice, and had a drink thrown in her face. Fact-checking website Snopes.com has partly debunked the claim, stating that the altercation had happened, but that it is unclear if the drink-throwing was staged, and that police say that White and her boyfriend began the altercation when they crossed a divider between pro- and anti-Trump protesters. White has said that she would not wear a red hat in an American liberal area again because of the confrontation.
- Solis, Marie (November 21, 2017). "How did a transgender YouTube vlogger become a conservative darling?". Newsweek. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "The Truth... w/ Shane Dawson". YoutTube.
- White, Blaire (April 3, 2017). "Controversial Trans YouTuber Blaire White Will Take Your Questions Now". Playboy (Interview). Interviewed by Debra W. Soh. Archived from the original on March 16, 2018. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- White, Blaire (January 20, 2018). "..Do I regret voting Trump?". YouTube. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- White, Blaire (August 19, 2017). "I'm Back! My Facial Feminization Surgery". YouTube. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- White, Blaire (March 28, 2018). "Why I stopped being vegan after 10 years". YouTube. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- White, Blaire (June 24, 2018). "I don't have a boyfriend anymore. I have a fiance!! 😭♥️". Instagram. Retrieved December 19, 2018.
- Barber-Way, Mish (September 2018). "The Queen of Controversy". Penthouse.
- White, Blaire (November 21, 2018). "I'm Detransitioning". YouTube. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Facebook Bans Transgender YouTuber for Vocal Criticism". The Quint. February 23, 2017. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- Rolt, Maria (March 19, 2017). "Youtube Allows The Alt-right Community To Spread Hate". Affinity Magazine. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- Beck, Chris (August 16, 2016). "Trans Personality Blaire White to Progressives: Butt Out". Splice Today. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- Palma, Bethania (November 14, 2017). "Fact Check: Was a Woman Attacked on Camera for Wearing a 'Make America Great Again' Hat in Hollywood?". Snopes.com. Retrieved April 17, 2018.