This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bol.com is the leading webshop in the Netherlands for books, toys and electronics. According to research published in 2015 it is the strongest retail brand with the highest expected growth in the Netherlands. It is owned by Ahold Delhaize. Its director is Huub Vermeulen. Much of the daily business is done by the Dutch company docdata.
The company was founded on 30 March 1999 by Bertelsmann as 'Bertelsmann Online' . In 2003 it was sold to Weltbild, Holtzbrinck Networks and T-Online Venture Funds. From 2009 until 2012 the company was managed by Cyrte Investments, part of Delta Lloyd.. On 9 May 2012 the Dutch Koninklijke Ahold N.V. acquired Bol.com .
- "Webshops overstijgen dit jaar fysieke winkels". volkskrant.nl.
- "Dit zijn de grote drie van de toekomst - RetailWatching". RetailWatching.
- "Bol.com kondigt bouw logistiek centrum aan". rtlnieuws.nl (in Dutch).
- "Bol.com: Van start tot overname" (in Dutch). ecommercenews. 4 June 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- "Weltbild verkauft bol.com" (in German). etailment.de. 28 April 2009. Retrieved 3 March 2018.
- "Overname bol.com door Cyrte Investments afgerond" (in Dutch). bol.com. 9 July 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Company Overview of bol.com b.v." bloomberg.com. 3 March 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018.