|• Total||85,274 |
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Bonab (Persian: بناب; also Romanized as Bonāb and Benāb; also known as Bināb, Bunab, Binov, and Binev) is a city and capital of Bonab County, East Azerbaijan Province, Iran. It is located west of Maragheh on the outwash plain above Lake Urmia. The people speak Azerbaijani. At the 2006 census, its population was 75,332, in 19,922 families.
Colleges and universities
- Bonab Higher Education Complex
- Islamic Azad University of Bonab
- Payame Noor University of Bonab
Bonab has a cold semi-arid climate (Köppen climate classification BSk), with an average annual temperature of 11.6°C. The warmest month, on average, is July with an average temperature of 77.2°F (25.1°C). The coolest month on average is January, with an average temperature of 26.8°F (-2.9°C).
Bonab is famous for its big Kabab koobideh. Nowadays there are many restaurants around Iran started to serving the same recipe of Bonan Kabab.
Bicycle city of iran
The Great Cycling Conference in 1996 was founded by Mohammad Mirzadoost, head of the Bonab Sports Bureau and former Governor of Bonab. And this conference is held annually with the presence of more than 30,000 bicycle riders in Bonab. In the end, awards will be awarded to the participants by lottery. In the city, there are at least one bike in every building, and most people go to work with their bikes.
- Bonab can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3055985" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
|This Bonab County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|