|Kansas City Royals – No. 56|
|Born: July 27, 1995|
Flowery Branch, Georgia
|March 29, 2018, for the Kansas City Royals|
|MLB statistics |
(through August 20, 2019)
|Earned run average||3.55|
Keller attended Flowery Branch High School in Flowery Branch, Georgia. He was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the eighth round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He had committed to play college baseball at Presbyterian College, but chose to sign with the Diamondbacks rather than attend college.
Keller made his professional debut that year with the Arizona League Diamondbacks and was later promoted to the Missoula Osprey. In 15 games (13 starts), he posted a 7–3 record and 2.44 ERA. In 2014, he pitched for the Arizona League Diamondbacks, Missoula and Hillsboro Hops, going 6–4 with a 4.31 ERA over 15 games (12 starts). Keller pitched for the Kane County Cougars in 2015, going 8–9 with a 2.60 ERA over 26 games (25 starts), the Visalia Rawhide in 2016 where he went 9–7 with a 4.47 ERA in 24 starts, and 2017 with the Jackson Generals, where he posted a 10–9 record and 4.68 ERA in 26 starts. On December 14, 2017, Keller was selected by the Cincinnati Reds in the Rule 5 draft and immediately traded to the Kansas City Royals for cash considerations.
Keller made the 25-man roster for the Royals in 2018, and had his MLB debut on Opening Day, March 29, pitching an inning of scoreless relief against the Chicago White Sox; he struck out the first batter he faced, Adam Engel. He split time between the bullpen and the rotation, leading the team in ERA (3.08) and tied for first on the team in wins (9). He struck out 96 batters in 140 1⁄3 innings. On April 19, 2019 Keller received a 5 game suspension by Major League Baseball, which concluded he intentionally threw a pitch that hit Tim Anderson of the Chicago White Sox.
- http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/84718/[dead link]
- "Brad Keller". Baseball America Enterprises.
- http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/100376/[dead link]
- Johnson, Paul (May 4, 2015). "Cougars pitcher Brad Keller's progress speeding up". Aurora Beacon-News – via Chicago Tribune.
- http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/110494/[dead link]
- "Brad Keller Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- Flannagan, Jeffrey (December 14, 2017). "KC adds pair of high picks in Rule 5 Draft". MLB.com. Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- Torres, Maria (March 23, 2018). "The Royals almost drafted this Rule-5 pitcher in 2013. Now he might join their bullpen". The Kansas City Star.
- Torres, Maria (March 29, 2018). "Hours before opener, Royals announce 25-man roster, cut Kyle Zimmer, Wily Peralta". The Kansas City Star. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "White Sox vs. Royals - Box Score". ESPN. March 29, 2018. Retrieved May 1, 2018.