|Kansas City Royals|
|Born: August 4, 1996|
|Career highlights and awards|
Singer attended Eustis High School in Eustis, Florida. As a senior he went 8–3 with a 1.25 earned run average (ERA) and 110 strikeouts in 67 innings. Singer was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the second round of the 2015 Major League Baseball draft, but did not sign and attended the University of Florida where he played college baseball for the Gators.
As a freshman at Florida in 2016, Singer appeared in 23 games and made one start. He finished the season 2–2 with a 4.95 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 43 2⁄3 innings. After the season, he played in the Cape Cod League, where he was named the best prospect by Baseball America. As a sophomore in 2017, Singer moved into the starting rotation. He was named to the All-SEC Second Team. He helped lead Florida to the College World Series finals against the LSU Tigers and was the starter in game 1, in which he struck out 12 batters leading the Gators to a 4-3 win. Florida eventually won the national title and Singer was named to the All-Tournament Team. In 126 total innings for the season, Singer was 9-5 with a 3.21 ERA, striking out 129 and walking 32.
In 2018, as a junior, Singer was named the SEC Pitcher of the Year after leading the SEC with ten wins while posting a 2.25 ERA. He also won the Dick Howser Trophy after owning a 12-1 record with a 2.30 ERA at the time of his selection. He finished the 2018 season with a 12-3 record and a 2.55 ERA while also compiling a .204 batting average against across 17 starts.
Singer made his professional debut in 2019 with the Wilmington Blue Rocks. After going 5-2 with a 1.87 ERA in ten starts, he was promoted to the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. Singer was named to the 2019 All-Star Futures Game.
For Christmas 2018, Singer surprised his parents with a special gift by paying off a loan they had from the bank along with all of their debt.
- "Blue Jays take RHP Brady Singer at No. 56". Major League Baseball.
- "Blue Jays do not sign second rounder Brady Singer - Sportsnet.ca".
- Correspondent, Graham Hall. "UF baseball: Singer set with spot in rotation".
- "Brady Singer Is Tops On The Cape - BaseballAmerica.com". 24 August 2016.
- Jolley, Frank. "Next Level: Ex-Eustis standout Singer a workhorse for UF".
- "Florida baseball: Brady Singer Ks 11 as Gators take another game from Miami".
- "All-SEC baseball: Mississippi State's Brent Rooker named player of the year". SEC Country. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- Malloy, Mike. "Despite flaws, Florida confident in CWS matchup with LSU for national title".
- Press, Eric Olson The Associated. "S-E-C, S-E-C: Tigers vs. Gators".
- Olson, Eric (June 28, 2017). "Florida wins College World Series; Tigers' Alex Faedo named MVP". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- "MLB Draft 2018: Brady Singer has the tools to make immediate impact in 2018 MLB season". Yahoo Sports. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- "Florida's Brady Singer named SEC pitcher of the year". Daily Commercial. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- "Kansas City Royals prospect Brady Singer pays off parents' debt for Christmas". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-12-26.
- Jim Callis (June 28, 2019). "Here are the 2019 Futures Game rosters". MLB.com. Retrieved June 28, 2019.