Bredon railway station
Station site in 2005.
|Original company||Birmingham and Gloucester Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|24 June 1840||Opened|
|4 January 1965||Closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
The first section of the Birmingham and Gloucester Railway, between Bromsgrove and Cheltenham, opened on 24 June 1840, and among the original stations was one at Bredon. The station was 35 miles 11.26 chains (56.554 km) from Camp Hill, and the adjacent stations Eckington and Ashchurch opened the same day.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- Long, P.J.; Awdry, W. V. (1987). The Birmingham and Gloucester Railway. Gloucester: Alan Sutton. ISBN 0-86299-329-6.
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (2006). Bromsgrove to Gloucester. Middleton Press. figs. 30-35. ISBN 9781904474739. OCLC 931169432.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
Line open, station closed
Birmingham and Gloucester Railway
Line and station open
|This article on a railway station in the West Midlands region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|