Brian Davis (basketball)
|Born||June 21, 1970|
Atlantic City, New Jersey
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|NBA draft||1992 / Round: 2 / Pick: 48th overall|
|Selected by the Phoenix Suns|
|Position||Small forward / Shooting guard|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Brian Keith Davis (born June 21, 1970) is an American former college and professional basketball player. A 6'7" guard-forward, Davis played both football and basketball at Bladensburg High School. He then played four years of basketball at Duke University, appearing in 141 career games, and was a member of the back-to-back national championship teams of 1991 and 1992.
After graduation, Davis played in the French league with Élan Béarnais Pau-Orthez during the 1992–93 season alongside seven-foot-seven Gheorghe Muresan, and then returned to the NBA for the 1993–94 season with the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he played alongside Duke teammate Christian Laettner. Davis played in 68 NBA games, averaged 5.5 minutes per game, and scored a total of 131 career points (1.9 per game).
He maintains a close friendship with Laettner, and they partnered on a $2 million donation to Duke's men's basketball program to endow an athletic scholarship and support construction of an athletics center and practice facility. They have also pursued several business ventures together, including real estate development in Durham, a Major League Soccer team, and an unsuccessful attempt to purchase the Memphis Grizzlies. Some legal problems have also occurred.
- "Laettner, Davis Give $2 Million to Legacy Fund, New Athletic Facility". Dukenews.duke.edu. July 28, 2005. Archived from the original on September 7, 2005. Retrieved April 7, 2011.
- "Duke buys property in West Village from failed Davis-Laettner venture". Archived from the original on July 3, 2015. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- "MacFarlane leads group in purchase of Major League Soccer's D.C. United". Archived from the original on March 18, 2007. Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- "Owner sets May 1 deadline to take team off market". Retrieved April 28, 2007.
- Stych, Ed; Producer, Web (March 18, 2012). "Ex-Timberwolves Laettner, Davis again avoid jail time over Dawkins debt". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved March 18, 2012.