Bronko Nagurski Trophy
|Bronko Nagurski Trophy|
The Bronko Nagurski Trophy
|Given for||best defensive player in NCAA college football|
|Presented by||Charlotte Touchdown Club and Football Writers Association of America|
|Most recent||Josh Allen, University of Kentucky|
The Bronko Nagurski Trophy has been awarded annually since 1993 to the collegiate American football player adjudged by the membership of the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) to be the best defensively in the National Collegiate Athletic Association; the award is presented by the Charlotte Touchdown Club and the FWAA. The award is named for Bronko Nagurski, who played football for the University of Minnesota and the Chicago Bears.
- Chuck Bednarik Award, a similar award given by the Maxwell Football Club
- "Bronko Nagurski Award Winners". Sports Reference. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- "College football: 2016 Bronko Nagurski Trophy watch list announced". NCAA.com. Football Writers Association of America. July 8, 2016. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Cranston, Mike (December 6, 2010). "Clemson DE Bowers wins Bronko Nagurski Trophy". The Oklahoman. Associated Press. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Reed, Steve (December 13, 2011). "Kuechly wins Bronko Nagurski Trophy". USA Today. Associated Press. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- "Notre Dame's Te'o wins Nagurski Award for top defensive player". USA Today. Associated Press. December 3, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Werner, Sam (December 9, 2013). "Pitt defensive tackle Donald wins Nagurski Trophy". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- "Arizona LB Scooby Wright wins Nagurski Award". USA Today. Associated Press. December 8, 2014. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Scarcella, Rich (December 8, 2015). "Temple's Matakevich wins Bronko Nagurski Trophy". Reading Eagle. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Potter, Charlie (December 6, 2016). "Alabama's Jonathan Allen wins Bronko Nagurski Trophy". CBS Sports. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Reed, Steve (December 5, 2017). "NC State DE Bradley Chubb wins Nagurski Award as top defender". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- Pilgram, Jack (December 3, 2018). "Josh Allen wins Bronko Nagurski Trophy for Defensive Player of the Year". Kentucky Sports Radio. Retrieved December 3, 2018.